Valvoline Service win

Captain_Panic1647545539

Went there for an oil change and asked them to change out my reverse lights before I hit the road for a trip. I even gave them the bulbs. They came back telling me they didn't fit. I just hit the road and a few weeks later I popped off my tail lights and put in the bulbs myself. No issues. They cray cray

Fecal icing on this whole shitcake....haha!

Wow, people are pretty fucking stupid. I occasionally take my cars to get their oil changed, so I can't fault the guy for doing that.

I take mine there too as I'm too lazy, especially when it's cold. Just watch them and in my case, I actually walk through how to do it. They hate me at first, but fast appreciate the concern a car guy exhibits.

Yeah. Paying someone $7 an hour often with barely any training is a recipe for disaster. Sometimes they get good techs there for a little while, sometimes not.

Have seen plenty of saturns, subies, etc with wrong filters changed, wrong fluids drained, etc. The shop I worked at would make it right regardless of the cost, but the techs COULD get away with an awful lot if the manager wasn't on top of it.

WHY anyone would take anything they cared about to joe-blow $7/hr grease monkey is beyond me.

Also, your skidplate is a fucking pain in the ass dude. Even the snobbiest dealer techs will leave fasteners out, fail to fill oil properly, and break things doing a simple oil change depending on who you get. I've personally corrected multiple MAG oil changes before they failed catastrophically.

Tim, I have a good contact for the DSG fluid/filter change. Does side work and is a tech.

He did the wife's beetle for $50, plus his cost on parts. Can't beat that.

PM Me. I won't need it for another 20k (I only have 14k on the car now) miles but anyone who can do work on my Audi and is reliable or trustworthy is a good contact to have. Thanks!

Also, your skidplate is a fucking pain in the ass dude. Even the snobbiest dealer techs will leave fasteners out, fail to fill oil properly, and break things doing a simple oil change depending on who you get. I've personally corrected multiple MAG oil changes before they failed catastrophically.

Even at the dealer the lube tech is lucky to make $10 an hour, so best of luck getting an awesome job there either. So I completely agree with you, and at least at the dealer the lube tech has people he can ask. I've caught our guy doing some stupid shit, he works right next tome, and I yell at him. Pissing off our customers just hurts me because they won't be back when they need major repairs. It's really sad how this business works, because if I did the oil changes the dealer would want over $100 for a basic service, they make little to no money having a cheap hourly tech do it because there isn't any profit to be made trying to be somewhat competitive.

Wow... I can't believe this. Asking a "dumb" question is always better than making a big mistake. Hell, even with my job.. Doctors will ask me "dumb" questions.

Walked past a Doctor attempting to put an EJ in the wrong direction in a persons neck... scary

Tim, I have a good contact for the DSG fluid/filter change. Does side work and is a tech.

He did the wife's beetle for $50, plus his cost on parts. Can't beat that.

I have a 14 Passat that will need the DSG service soon. If this fellow works at local shop and won't charge the dealer $400 I am interested. I will not be taken the TDI back to any dealer due to diesel gate. Presently, I am planning to take it in the the VAG shop German Autowerks for the 40k service.