In home pet euthanize suggestions

Aaron

We have had Schoedinger take care of all the cremation arrangements for us in the past; they have been very easy to work with. They handle everything for MedVet, which is where my wife works. We've never doe anything in-home before, though.

Sucks to think about having to do such a thing. We just euthanized our rescue less than 2 weeks ago. Miserable experience. I initially wanted to do something in home but decided to use our normal vet (Animal Medical Center). The Dr. there was great and made us feel very comfortable about doing whatever she could in the situation. He was stressed out initially because, well he's at the vet and hates it. But once he was sedated he completely relaxed for a few minutes. Our stress level went down significantly. But nothing fixes the feeling once the deed is done. They took care of the cremation and he was delivered to our home a couple days later. Ugh...

Sucks to think about having to do such a thing. We just euthanized our rescue less than 2 weeks ago. Miserable experience. I initially wanted to do something in home but decided to use our normal vet (Animal Medical Center). The Dr. there was great and made us feel very comfortable about doing whatever she could in the situation. He was stressed out initially because, well he's at the vet and hates it. But once he was sedated he completely relaxed for a few minutes. Our stress level went down significantly. But nothing fixes the feeling once the deed is done. They took care of the cremation and he was delivered to our home a couple days later. Ugh...

lame man, sorry to hear this.

I think we're going to try the in home when it happens.

lame man, sorry to hear this.

I think we're going to try the in home when it happens.

Thanks. We only had him ~8 months. We put a lot of effort into training, etc but couldn't get him to be calm around other people. Putting a young physically healthy animal down is a painful thing.

I don't blame you for wanting to do it at home. I wanted to bury him at home as well but my yard was a swamp that week and it was dark and cold, of course.