Focus RS

kshymkiw83

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sti has 305 hp, evo 291. Sti was in test too with a 13.4@104 I think? Evo x are slower in quarter than all 3, and at more like 103mph from what I remember.

The point is that they're all a drivers race with manuals, and the ford needs so much more hp. Just like the st did.

You're talking 59 hp more than evo, 58hp than golf r, 45 more than sti, for same performance straight ahead. In the case of the golf r, that's 20% more hp...

Sti has 305 hp, evo 291. Sti was in test too with a 13.4@104 I think? Evo x are slower in quarter than all 3, and at more like 103mph from what I remember.

The point is that they're all a drivers race with manuals, and the ford needs so much more hp. Just like the st did.

You're talking 59 hp more than evo, 58hp than golf r, 45 more than sti, for same performance straight ahead. In the case of the golf r, that's 20% more hp...

What do the VWs with the 2.0T dyno? My parents had a 2.0T CC and I swore it had to have more than 200 HP. I just wonder if VW is under rating the HP in these cars.

My ProTuned STI with catted Downpipe, was 12.9@106. It's on the list. That was 1 step colder plugs the Downpipe and a tune. $1000 dropped half a sec off the car.

Golf rs are in the 11s with same mods, add intake.

So basically you are shitting on the AWD manual heavier cars vs a lighter, 2 wheel, DSG, hipster car? I can't find that car apealing even in the 11s, just my opinion though I'm not a hatch back guy. I don't understand the love for the Audi Avants either. Didn't you have an R? If so, why on earth did you get rid of yours?

I like the GOLF R a lot since it's AWD and DSG in the US. Had a coworker set on buying one until he started looking at the prices dealers were charging in Houston. For a few grand more he ended up getting the S3 with all the goodies which also is a VERY nice looking car and performance sedan for a DD.

So basically you are shitting on the AWD manual heavier cars vs a lighter, 2 wheel, DSG, hipster car? I can't find that car apealing even in the 11s, just my opinion though I'm not a hatch back guy. I don't understand the love for the Audi Avants either. Didn't you have an R? If so, why on earth did you get rid of yours?

:dumb:

Golf R is awd, same performance as the sti and rs give or take, and with dsg is faster straight ahead.

Don't look now, I bet you'll find more hipsters in subaru at cars and coffee than vws too.

All of these cars weigh roughly the same within 100lbs.

I'm simply calling out ford's inability to get performance numbers that rival the hp they publish. St and rs lol ;)

• 4 months later...
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/bfe5751415b7a5d0f825cf2dfecdde66.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryl Dixon just bought himself a RS?!?! I don't think the bike's gonna fit in the hatch...

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/13437329_291923921151107_1208597162_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI4MjYyMzk0NzIyMTA1MDU5Mg%3D%3D.2

Daryl Dixon just bought himself a RS?!?! I don't think the bike's gonna fit in the hatch...

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/13437329_291923921151107_1208597162_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI4MjYyMzk0NzIyMTA1MDU5Mg%3D%3D.2

I was thinking the same thing.