2016 HPDE Schedule.

Robochan

Im trying to pick and choose which events i want to attend this year. Here is a list of the ones im considering. I dont believe Buckeye BMW has released their schedule but i would like to do theirs as well.

Saturday, April 02, 2016 Chin NCM

Friday, April 22, 2016 NASA Midohio

Saturday, May 07, 2016 Auto interest PITT

Friday, May 13, 2016 MORPCA Midohio

Friday, June 10, 2016 gridlife Gingerman

Monday, June 27, 2016 Auto interest Midohio

Saturday, July 09, 2016 MORPCA Putnim

Monday, August 08, 2016 Auto interst PITT

Friday, August 19, 2016 MORPCA Indianapolis

Friday, August 26, 2016 NASA Midohio

Friday, September 02, 2016 Auto interest Midohio

I haven't given too much thought on the DE schedule past May or June. Too many variables. Haha.

For the first date I'm considering either MORPCA @ Mid Ohio May 13-15 or more likely NNJRPCA @ Mid Ohio May 20-22.

ON one hand MOR would be nice since it's club race weekend and I wouldn't have a student. On the other NNJR would give me an extra week that'll be needed to prep and it's the event I wrecked the last FD at. Might as well face that fear head on.

damn it...I just started another one of these threads.

Chin – NCM 4/2-3

MVP – NCM 4/9-10

NOR PCA Mid Ohio 4/29-5/1

Auto Interests – Pitt 5/7-8

MOR PCA Mid Ohio 5/13-15

10/10ths NCM 5/14-15

NNJR PCA Mid Ohio 5/20-22

Chin – Mid Ohio 5/30-31

OVR PCA Mid Ohio 6/10-12

Auto Interests – Mid Ohio 6/27

Auto Interests – Pitt 7/2-3

MOR PCA Putnam 7/9-10

Audi Club - Mid Ohio 7/22-24

MOR PCA Indy 8/19-21

Buckeye BMW Mid Ohio 8/19-21

ARPCA – Mid Ohio 9/9-11

Edited by AudiOn19s

I'm thinking about doing:

Putnam with 10/10ths on April 2/3

Pitt Race with AI on May 7/8?

Mid-Ohio with MOR PCA on May 14/15

Mid-Ohio with AI on June 27

That's as far as I've gotten, I'd like to do NCM towards the end of the year, VIR in November with Trackdaze, and possibly CARFEST again, but I can't plan that far ahead. I'd also like to get back to Nelson at some point so I can put the track sticker on my Miata.

• 2 weeks later...

New schedule is looking like this.

Saturday, May 07, 2016 Auto interest PITT

Friday, June 10, 2016 gridlife Gingerman

Monday, June 27, 2016 Auto interest Midohio

Saturday, July 09, 2016 MORPCA Putnam

Monday, August 08, 2016 Auto interst PITT

Friday, August 19, 2016 Buckeye BMW Midohio

Anyone know if i can camp with MORPCA at the putnam event? Are there showers? If not split a hotel with someone?

You should consider the following weekend with NNJR instead.

I love MOR PCA, I think they fucked up making the club race weekend also have a full DE integrated into the schedule.

Until this year it's always been advanced only, it's been a great environment go drive and have some fun, beat up on race cars using DE as practice sessions, watch some racing in the middle of the day and then finish out the day driving yourself. Catch is, if there are delays in the schedule the DE guys loose time which has happened before. That as difficult enough with just 2 DE groups without instruction, let alone a fully instructed DE groups with all skill levels. I know they made it cheap, you'll get 3 runs per day @ 20 min each max if there are no delays. I personally feel it was a dumb move focused on income for the club to go full DE for this event.

I will state, last year registration for the racing was the lowest it's ever been, they combined races and cancelled the second Enduro and the 2 DE groups got open track after lunch on Sunday which was great. I very much consider that the exception not the norm.

• 1 month later...
How much is the Chin event at NCM? It seems like they want me to pay $50 for an annual membership just to find out how much it is, unless I'm being an idiot with their website.

Spendy...probably 500-600 for the two days. Chin events are great though, don't let the price scare you away if you are looking for alot of track time.

My only real issue with them is needing to buy a membership for a group that's not in our neck of the woods very often. Most of their members don't care because they travel all over to all of the events on the schedule.

They may seem stuffy but it's actually a great group to run with.

Oof, I'm gonna go ahead and let that price scare me away :)

I was looking at Putnam that weekend with 10/10ths but nobody I know is going and I don't want to burn a daddy weekend like that. Not that NCM would be any different but I thought maybe I could cajole some people into going, but at twice the price I just can't rationalize it.

I remember now when I was TDY in Biloxi I was going to do Road Atlanta with Chin but balked at the price (and distance, mostly) and ended up driving over to the Bayou instead for their $120/day open lapping. I think fundays at Nelson have ruined me.