Things are going to get fun again...

RC K9

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a meeting with a financial adviser friend to rearrange my 401k to be more aggressive... well that might backfire this year.

Assuming this really affects you guys who day trade. For those of you who do, do you constantly keep up with it? is it something that you have to be looking at your phone every hour? I've considered it but only as a hobby not necessarily to bet my retirement on.

Whatever I've gained last year I already lost it all this year. Lol, in for a rough ride for sure. I can't blame anyone except my dumb stubborn for sticking to oil.

Only going to get worse over the next few months, year end write downs are not in yet.

Bad bet :lolguy:

So, serious question if someone could break this down for me.

How does this directly effect me? lets say the stock market crashes or has a deep dip, are we going to see something like what happened back in 1929? or is this going to cause prices of things to go all wacky.

This is coming form someone who has no experience in the stock market, but I am curious to hear someone break this down on how this effects average Joe.

I just had a meeting with a financial adviser friend to rearrange my 401k to be more aggressive... well that might backfire this year.

Assuming this really affects you guys who day trade. For those of you who do, do you constantly keep up with it? is it something that you have to be looking at your phone every hour? I've considered it but only as a hobby not necessarily to bet my retirement on.

As for true day trading the only effect it has is creating volatility which day traders thrive on. Things have been so flat "going up" for so long that many day traders moved from stocks to FOREX. I myself can not seem to get a handle on how to day trade FOREX so I've stayed in stocks.

On the days that I have a trade active I watch my smartphone like a hawk for the correct buy/sell points otherwise if I don't see any stocks on my watch lists with big price action for the start of the day, I usually just ignore the rest of the day and do something else.

The only chart I look at beyond the hours of that day is maybe a quick glance at the week/month to make sure I'm not trying to counter trade a trend unless I've planned it out that way.

How does this directly effect me?

It cannot. It can only affect you.

Its election time. If a republican wins, expect to see record numbers again.

Record recession numbers? Agreed. Starting with Eisenhower, a recession has hit the US after every election where a republican has won.