Buying a house advice

Lauren

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're in the property tax subject, can some body shed some light on why Columbus have such high property tax? In Honolulu, a million dollar home is less than $3k in property tax. A million dollar home in Columbus, you are looking at least $20k in property tax.

Hawaii is the outlier, not Columbus. Hawaii has the lowest average property taxes of any state.

Listen if we are dropping a few hundred thousand on a house I don't want to be surrounded by section 8 housing, and Somalians. If that offends you in sorry but it's my decision. I also don't want to be surrounded by a bunch or meth and heroine junkies.

Listen if we are dropping a few hundred thousand on a house I don't want to be surrounded by section 8 housing' date=' and Somalians. If that offends you in sorry but it's my decision. I also don't want to be surrounded by a bunch or meth and heroine junkies.[/quote']

There's section 8 housing outside of 270 in Westerville & Worthington FYI.

Listen if we are dropping a few hundred thousand on a house I don't want to be surrounded by section 8 housing' date=' and Somalians. If that offends you in sorry but it's my decision. I also don't want to be surrounded by a bunch or meth and heroine junkies.[/quote']

So someone who is "ethnic" cannot afford a nice home, and only live in section 8 housing?

If you're dropping a few hundred thousand on a purchase, you already know the neighborhood.

Also it's heroin, spelling isn't difficult.

Since we're in the property tax subject, can some body shed some light on why Columbus have such high property tax? In Honolulu, a million dollar home is less than $3k in property tax. A million dollar home in Columbus, you are looking at least $20k in property tax.

You pay with every $10 gallon of milk you buy.

We might have found "the one", and it's a farm house In the country like we wanted. Northern Sunbury Ohio but straight shot down 71 to come to town. Really low property taxes and good sized fully Reno house. We can add our own touches like paint color and backsplash but the big stuff is done. Also has two acres fully fenced.

We might have found "the one"' date=' and it's a farm house In the country like we wanted. Northern Sunbury Ohio but straight shot down 71 to come to town. Really low property taxes and good sized fully Reno house. We can add our own touches like paint color and backsplash but the big stuff is done. Also has two acres fully fenced.[/quote']

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing. All of CR shares in the joy you are feeling right now.

We might have found "the one"' date=' and it's a farm house In the country like we wanted. Northern Sunbury Ohio but straight shot down 71 to come to town. [/quote']

Don't bring your twinkle toes and spandex into our area. We don't want your kind.

Dublin and especially Upper Arlington are your friends.

From "In contract" to "sold" is 45 days typically.

If you working with the wrong lender. ;)

My team averaged 16 days from docs to clear to close last month, and we could have been better!

My only house buying tip is to start out with 20% down so you can avoid the PMI. And pay your own taxes. .

You can avoid PMI with as little at 5% down if you have a clever banker with the right programs.

And I agree on not escrowing (if thats an option for you)

I hope you find a good area and school that can teach your children the good christian value of racism.

No no no, its white privilege, that's all.

At-least that is what 74 year old white wealthy democrat's tell me.

Check out auctions, if you want to try and find something on the cheap and labor it up in equity, its are grind to get a "score" but it can be done.

Honestly to there are a few other ways to dodge PMI if you want. You could get a under valued home (assuming the market wont ka boom soon) and only put say 10% down, then fixer up a little, and re-fi to a home value that is 10% higher and boom drop PMI off, assuming rates hold constant, heck maybe even lower.

PMI is a complete throw away of money, however people blow much more for much less. Get what you want.

I know I am kicking around ideas over the next year of around a 100k remodel / expansion; as we absolutely love our location, lot lay out 2 acres Olenscrungy schools, neighbors are FBI and sheriffs, nice for security, home values rising VERY FAST ect ect how ever my family is growing and home is not growing with it, which it might need to. OR do I just go buy a lot and build...Things I think about are maximum re sale value for the homes in my direct selling area, in other words would putting 100k in to my home yield at least 90-95% ROI (greater then 100% would be swell, due to the demand for the area it is possible). Or would dumping 100k in get me 50k in the end as my home is over the market average by too much to "fit in" and be sold if it indeed needed to be down the line, soooo building would have been the better option for my balance sheet in the lower ROI/ over valued market home.

Lots of factors. Not a lot of homes on the market right now.

good luck

We might have found "the one"' date=' and it's a farm house In the country like we wanted. Northern Sunbury Ohio but straight shot down 71 to come to town. Really low property taxes and good sized fully Reno house. We can add our own touches like paint color and backsplash but the big stuff is done. Also has two acres fully fenced.[/quote']

Congrats! Feel free to contact me for some pricing options...I'd be willing to bet I have the best pricing/products of any banker on this site... ;)

614-339-1206 or mstock@usavingsbank.com

-Marc

No no no, its white privilege, that's all.

At-least that is what 74 year old white wealthy democrat's tell me.

Check out auctions, if you want to try and find something on the cheap and labor it up in equity, its are grind to get a "score" but it can be done.

Honestly to there are a few other ways to dodge PMI if you want. You could get a under valued home (assuming the market wont ka boom soon) and only put say 10% down, then fixer up a little, and re-fi to a home value that is 10% higher and boom drop PMI off, assuming rates hold constant, heck maybe even lower.

PMI is a complete throw away of money, however people blow much more for much less. Get what you want.

I know I am kicking around ideas over the next year of around a 100k remodel / expansion; as we absolutely love our location, lot lay out 2 acres Olenscrungy schools, neighbors are FBI and sheriffs, nice for security, home values rising VERY FAST ect ect how ever my family is growing and home is not growing with it, which it might need to. OR do I just go buy a lot and build...Things I think about are maximum re sale value for the homes in my direct selling area, in other words would putting 100k in to my home yield at least 90-95% ROI (greater then 100% would be swell, due to the demand for the area it is possible). Or would dumping 100k in get me 50k in the end as my home is over the market average by too much to "fit in" and be sold if it indeed needed to be down the line, soooo building would have been the better option for my balance sheet in the lower ROI/ over valued market home.

Lots of factors. Not a lot of homes on the market right now.

good luck

Get out of this thread. Racist.

PS - you still need to refinance. :)

-Marc

Country house is out. After much thought its to small for us and in the future with wanting one more child. Sucks check everything on my list including a built shed that I could store a few cars and have a lift to have a real workspace to work on cars.

Congrats! Feel free to contact me for some pricing options...I'd be willing to bet I have the best pricing/products of any banker on this site... ;)

614-339-1206 or mstock@usavingsbank.com

-Marc

Hard to beat a guarantee in writing. This starts the day we take application, and will be honored against a competitor's GFE or LE. We will drop our pants to keep a good loan. ;)

https://nlcloans.com/rates/

We are also good down to 580 Fico on purchase and Refi, even on manufactured homes. ;) That alone is better than 90% of other lenders out there.

Country house is out. After much thought its to small for us and in the future with wanting one more child. Sucks check everything on my list including a built shed that I could store a few cars and have a lift to have a real workspace to work on cars.

OK, just so I am following...

Work in Westerville, teach ballroom dancing, wife gets bewbjob, makes side money flipping VAG cars...

Wants to buy in Worthington OR Westerville. Both are great areas.

Finds "the one": country house in BFE.

"The one" is apparently not "the one" because of plans to breastfeed liquefied silicone to another child.

CR: Winter Edition . . . . and the hits just keep on comin'.

JIVE/BUSTER in 2016

Hard to beat a guarantee in writing. This starts the day we take application, and will be honored against a competitor's GFE or LE. We will drop our pants to keep a good loan. ;)

https://nlcloans.com/rates/

We are also good down to 580 Fico on purchase and Refi, even on manufactured homes. ;) That alone is better than 90% of other lenders out there.

Glad to be part of the 10%. ;)

I'm well versed in NLC's products and stand by my statement. I know a few of the local guys in Columbus and there are more than a few reasons I am where I am and work for the number one mortgage lender in every region we are in.

-Marc