Buying a house advice

Lauren

Country house is out. After much thought its to small for us and in the future with wanting one more child. Sucks check everything on my list including a built shed that I could store a few cars and have a lift to have a real workspace to work on cars.

Link to said house?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to beat a guarantee in writing. This starts the day we take application, and will be honored against a competitor's GFE or LE. We will drop our pants to keep a good loan. ;)

https://nlcloans.com/rates/

We are also good down to 580 Fico on purchase and Refi, even on manufactured homes. ;) That alone is better than 90% of other lenders out there.

Glad to be part of the 10%. ;)

I'm well versed in NLC's products and stand by my statement. I know a few of the local guys in Columbus and there are more than a few reasons I am where I am and work for the number one mortgage lender in every region we are in.

-Marc

SHOTS FIRED...

Listen if we are dropping a few hundred thousand on a house I don't want to be surrounded by section 8 housing' date=' and Somalians. If that offends you in sorry but it's my decision. I also don't want to be surrounded by a bunch or meth and heroine junkies.[/quote']

:lol: you think meth heads and heroine junkies aren't in the ritzy places? Just means they can afford better and more drugs.

We are also good down to 580 Fico on purchase and Refi, even on manufactured homes..

And to think I had lenders up here telling me my 700+ score was weak because I didn't have a lot of credit history (I paid only a cell phone bill each month and the rest was cash purchases)

I demanded zero PMI and no escrow and the only way I was approved for my loan was to have 20% equity. I had another lender deny me on the no escrow for taxes condition because "every new home owner is required to do so" ...which was obviously a lie.

And to think I had lenders up here telling me my 700+ score was weak because I didn't have a lot of credit history (I paid only a cell phone bill each month and the rest was cash purchases)

I demanded zero PMI and no escrow and the only way I was approved for my loan was to have 20% equity. I had another lender deny me on the no escrow for taxes condition because "every new home owner is required to do so" ...which was obviously a lie.

Lenders automatically assume if you have cash sitting around that you are a druglord or a thief.

Couple things

My work hours and the wife's keep us off the roads during rush hour morning and night. That's never an issue for us.

Taxes are a big deal and new Albany has stupid high taxes. We have a 18 month old and a 6 year old in kindergarten. Our kindergarten goes to private school and we already pay tuition, so I don't want to be paying tuition and high taxes when we wont be utilizing the school system. Going to public school isn't an option as we want our girls in a strong Christian based education.

Seriously? Do you eat raw potatoes? The New Albany education and facilities young people have access to in this school is astonishing. You can build the values in yourself and stop wasting money on a private education if you were to send them there.

Going to public school isn't an option as we want our girls in a strong Christian based education.

Seriously? Do you eat raw potatoes? The New Albany education and facilities young people have access to in this school is astonishing. You can build the values in yourself and stop wasting money on a private education if you were to send them there.

Seems like he would like the school to do the parenting on those Christian values. Plus, public schools might be to "ethnic".

We are primarily looking in Westerville/worthington/New Albany

yet taxes are a huge issue to you... but you suddenly found your dream house within the course of this thread elsewhere. k.

entire point of the thread is to troll. private school info, etc. suddenly come out just now just to add to the rustle.

There are many reasons why I prefer my daughter to attend a private Christian school. The faith is a huge part of it. The conservative approach and not this progressive and liberal agenda being pushed onto kids is another. The quality of her education is superior to most public schools. Her school constantly has higher act/sat vs public as well. These are some of the reason. The main reason.....

The main reason my girl goes to a private school is because I'm in the process of adopting her. I'm the only father she has ever known. I'm her dad. She is 6 now. Her last name is not the same as mine her moms or sisters. Now before kindergarten this summer I spoke with westerville public schools( we live in Westerville now) and new Albany. Neither one would let me daughter use the only last name she knows. I wasn't going to at 5/6 years old explain I'm not her dad. Fuck that. This state has guidelines to adopt a child, married X number years, full back ground checks home visits etc. we are in process of my legally adopting her and change her name but it won't be done til end of school year. Luckily we found an outstanding Christian private school to enroll her that understood the situation and put my daughter first and allowed her to use the name she knows. That's why she is on private school.

Also early this school year my girl was having problems with letters and reading. Her teacher tutored her for free, sent home lots of activities to help us help her better and get her on track. Went out of her way to accommodate my daughters learning issue. That would t of happened in public.

Oh yeah fuck potatoes. I don't eat them. Do you even keto bro?

Ethnic, is a narrow minded person's choice word to try and not sound racist. Maaaaaaybe it works talking about food types. Why not home school where you can make them listen to AM 820 and do the studies you choose they will need in life? Just keep looking down on others with your hate and stereo typing. Be sure to teach your kids to do the same as you, and talk about something you know nothing about, but think you do. Anyone typing what you have is a cavemen in today's world.

Chances are you'll not like the redneck's, whose area you are moving into.

SHOTS FIRED...

:bangbang: :)

I actually don't really have anything bad to say about NLC. From what I understand they do a pretty decent job...I just know what I can offer and feel it is superior. I also very highly feel that banks > brokers in every way possible.

ANYWAYz...back to non-thread derailing...

-Marc

Oh yeah fuck potatoes. I don't eat them. Do you even keto bro?

Bro, I sweet potata. And I still don't think the Christian schools are a great idea. You can do everything they could do for your child with less molestation and religious born complexes.

I laughed when he said he didn't want an agenda pushed on his kids and Christianity in the same breath.

LOL. Glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

So you don't like public schools because they are legally obligated to use her legal last name? Christian school is ok with lying to children. got it.

Also early this school year my girl was having problems with letters and reading. Her teacher tutored her for free' date=' sent home lots of activities to help us help her better and get her on track. Went out of her way to accommodate my daughters learning issue. That would t of happened in public. [/quote']

And I don't mean to pile on, but that's exactly what would and must happen in a public school - they are legally obligated to provide accommodations to children with learning disabilities.

And I don't mean to pile on, but that's exactly what would and must happen in a public school - they are legally obligated to provide accommodations to children with learning disabilities.

Can't completely agree here. You are correct, it should happen, but rarely does this happen in most public schools. There are some great teachers out there, but most are stretched too thin due to school funding in Ohio.

I realize that you're talking Olentangy, Westerville, etc.. Unfortunately these are not the norm.