Another advice thread

Geeesammy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Job and a Family, it's pretty boring, I'd suggest hookers and cocaine.

It's not as great as it sounds. Really.

I did what Bob mentioned in working in a trade, learn, and start your own business. I've always had a mechanic business to fall back on (from my dad's business). I'm not successful yet, but in a niche market I'm doing very good in my 1st year. The sense of direction is the real drive and was the biggest thing missing. Wanting to do better is in everyone. Execution is on you.

I really like Andy Fricilla and the MFCeo project. I'm not a podcast guy. But I love what he says, and everyone can relate. It's easy motivation, and if you have some of the qualities he projects......you know success can be in your future.

As I said, I just have never known anyone personally in the sales field and the things I've heard haven't been good, so I guess that is another flaw I should correct by not taking some internet Trolls opinion of a career and listen to someone who actually has and does do it.

Recirculates on Linked in every couple months but rings true every time.

0d76d3e1-c769-4310-b4d7-2bf2bff81bf2-medium.jpeg

So... let's recap... here's what people have told you to do with your life.

Let's use nursing as an example (since it's so near and dear to me)...[/b]

1. You can become an LPN for the rest of your life and make 30K

2. You can become an RN and make around 40K doing home health.

3. You can be an RN and make 40K-80K (tenure/specialty) doing hospital work.

4. You can be an advanced practice RN and make 100K-225K depending on what you do.

5. You can be an RN and get into an executive path that leads from 80K-300K.

6. You can be an RN and start your own travel nursing company and make millions.

DO YOU SEE WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR AMBITION LEVEL?

I specialize in this shit. feed me information.

Let my 1-6 chart sink in....

Great post and information, my kids are still researching options for college. Thanks for sharing

Well what sort of sales is everyone in? All I'd be capable of doing effectively would more than likely be car sales? Not saying I'm switching to it right away or at all, just curious.

I wouldn't sell yourself short in that "All I'd be capable of...."

Take some time to soul-search and then I would also suggest putting together a few days of fun out west at SEMA. There's lot of things in the auto world that might be right up your alley and fun. I'm sure you'd find something there to research and companies to investigate.

I wouldn't sell yourself short in that "All I'd be capable of...."

^ This.

I've been successful selling things that I didn't give two shits about, and I'm certainly not the best salesman out there. Hell I don't even consider myself a true salesman, but I've done alright. It's all about your attitude.