92 Eagle Talon project or parts car

Trouble Maker

I have no desire to put this thing back together. My laziness is your gain?

I've been out of the DSM game for so long, I have little idea what it's worth. I'll throw a number out, but this is clearly OBO.

$500, OBO.

Was running when I took everything apart. Everything is there to go back together, minus maybe a few wheel bearings, misc pieces. Brand new in the box brakes all of the way around, delrin sus bushings (old ones are already out of the arms), trailing arms have the toe control out and welded, small 16g already on the car. Or you could use it for a parts car, or tear it apart and sell parts for a profit?

It's an auto car; from what I understand those parts are harder to find.

Obviously been sitting for a while.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=960&pictureid=8404

AWD, iirc its an early 92 so 6 bolt. Any solid way to double check?

It's out at my parents so I can check the strut towers next time I'm there. Just the tops OK?

Just a heads up, even if its a 1G 7 bolt engine (probably 1993-1994) they are still a lot less prone to crankwalk compared to the 2g (1995+) 7 bolt engines. But you said it was a 92 so its a 6 bolt anyway.

Just a heads up, even if its a 1G 7 bolt engine (probably 1993-1994) they are still a lot less prone to crankwalk compared to the 2g (1995+) 7 bolt engines. But you said it was a 92 so its a 6 bolt anyway.

6 bolt up to 92.5. 7 Bolts came out late 92. As stated though, you rarely hear of issues with the 1g 7 bolts.

Just to clarify. The car was in running order and I started a project to update the sus. Took off all sus parts, brakes & maybe 1 or 2 half shafts. I removed all of the bushings & bearings, and had the rear toe control welded. I have a brand new set of delrin bushings to put in and all new brakes (pads, rotors, calipers). I have some new bearing parts, but not all. All parts will come with the car and are in the back right now. The drivetrain is still in the car; engine, trans, diff.

So, that's why I said project or parts car. The car could be put back together, or stripped for parts. There is some rust forming at this point; IIRC on the rockers, so the body is not perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...