Range Rover

Forrest Gump 9

For how long? any problems? and what year was it?

You should totally buy one, they hold up great once the miles rack up.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/412127333.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/412127332.jpg

You should totally buy one, they hold up great once the miles rack up.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/412127333.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/412127332.jpg

I personally don't like that body style. I like the full size one. We need the third row seating.

I'm a little confused, is that at IG on; trouble light check. Or is that all of the current issues in the car? Maybe my internet sarcasm meter is broken right now.

It's idling, but yes, all those lights are pretty normal for a Rover.

It's idling, but yes, all those lights are pretty normal for a Rover.

Are there two lights for the parking brake? I see a brake light under the temp gauge and a park light in the speedo. Or is that one for the parking brake and one to tell you the brakes are broken?

Edit: never mind I am an idiot, the speedo is probably the gear selector indicator.

I'm a little confused, is that at IG on; trouble light check. Or is that all of the current issues in the car? Maybe my internet sarcasm meter is broken right now.

Everything is broke.

It's been through a few air ride components, multiple sensors, etc. You only get a few months with no Christmas tree.

To the junkers credit, it has aftermarket brakes, pulley, tune, intake, and long tubes :lolguy:

As an owner of an Italian vehicle I can sympathize.

I know the OEMs seem to be loving air suspension right now but to me it just does not seem to be a long term option for the amount of miles and time period people are owing cars these days. I mean at the end of the day they are rubber bags exposed to the elements, that alone makes them a replacement service item.

As an owner of an Italian vehicle I can sympathize.

I know the OEMs seem to be loving air suspension right now but to me it just does not seem to be a long term option for the amount of miles and time period people are owing cars these days. I mean at the end of the day they are rubber bags exposed to the elements, that alone makes them a replacement service item.

I do have problem with my E55's airbags from time to time. On the lx470, not a thing. Semi trucks have air suspension so I'm not written them off yet. But I do know what you're talking about. A blown shock just make your car ride horrible. A blown air suspension will leave you stranded.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to decide between a range rover and a cayenne.

I really like the way the range rover sports look and very familiar with the BMW motors that come in them. It seems to be the consensus that the cayennes are more reliable though, even the turbos.

Decisions decisions.

The turbo cayenne is he most reliable of all the cayennes. I wouldn't look at any other model C unless it's a turbo.

And regarding the RR. The engine and trans aren't the issue with them. It's the electronics that plague the platform.

I've been trying to decide between a range rover and a cayenne.

I really like the way the range rover sports look and very familiar with the BMW motors that come in them. It seems to be the consensus that the cayennes are more reliable though, even the turbos.

Decisions decisions.

Don't buy a range.

They literally start falling apart outside of warranty, and become nothing but constant money pits.

If you seriously want a RR, and are willing to piss away 40k, just lease one...

YOU DON'T WANT TO OWN ONE

Completely agree. I really like range rovers but if you're going to spend a chunk of money might as well lease and protect yourself from the huge maintenance costs.

I'm assuming you've checked out other comparable SUV's? A good friend of mine just leased a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, nice ride but again there's the issue of used reliability.