C5 to C6

Tindall2006

Anyone do it? I love my c5 but it is starting to look dated, and the style of the c6 is pretty nice compared to it. I also like some of the creature comforts like heated seats, keyless starting, MP3 player supports and stuff...

Guess I am torn right now between dumping money in my c5, with 180K on it, or offloading it before it blows and upgrading to a c6.

I don't think the C5 looks dated. I personally don't care for all the electronic crap in the newer Corvettes. I don't hate the newer ones but the C5 has a lot going for it for me. Modern performance, just enough electronics to make it perform well, and a design that I think will look great for 20 more years.

To each his own, I debated about a C6 with the LS3, but for a little better engine, and wide body of a Grand Sport, I just didn't want to pay for the difference. If you're not at least going to upgrade to a GS then don't bother.

I really do not want a Zo6, I like having the targa top!

+1! When I get around to the buying myself a Corvette it'll be a C6 targa most likely. I'd say upgrade if it was me. Your C5 has got to be getting worn at 180k and even though I've been in a position for awhile to pick up a C5 I just couldn't bring myself to do it because of the dated interior.

Nice car but with high miles a supercharger will show you what shape the motor really is in fast.

You need to also think of how long your going to keep the car after you boost it and if you need a motor and trans rebuild can turn into big money fast and you will not get your money back if you sell it

Maybe Look for a used procharger and save some money or I would get a c6 grand sport then you get take the top off still go drive a c6 I bet you will fall in love remember your the one that said it looks dated power will not fix the looks

Good luck with what ever you do