Get your CCW, car guys!

zeitgeist57

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is flawed logic clay, you got a warning because you were a nice person. I don't have one and my last two interactions with police ended in warnings as well because I wasn't being a douchebag to the officer. same for my wife.

Pretty much came here to say this.

Also, any heavily tinted sports car thats missing a front plate is a cop magnet.

Fixed.

Why you guys run heavy tint (or any tint at all) is beyond me. Nothing screams "im up to no good" more then obviously out-of-spec tint.

I've had to renew my CCW, got pulled over in Westerville, still received my ticket. What didn't happen was a ticket for no front plate, I wasn't asked to get out of the vehicle, they didn't call for K9, and didn't search my STi... Edited by Benjamin

It might have been a coincidence the last two times I was pulled over (Jones, Wags, Paul, MoJoe know the LAST time :eek:)...

BUT...my point is that for something most car guys would want anyway, I've had a couple of saved-my-ass moments.

Oh, the last time I got pulled over? 11:30pm at night in the middle of Johnstown driving the BMW and I didn't have my driver's license with me. Apologized to the cop and showed him my CCW (only form of photo ID I had on me). He let me go.

Oh, the last time I got pulled over? 11:30pm at night in the middle of Johnstown driving the BMW and I didn't have my driver's license with me. Apologized to the cop and showed him my CCW (only form of photo ID I had on me). He let me go.

Older white male....

Cops enjoy hearing that you have a CCW even if you're NOT carrying.So good job.

The trooper had PC to stop you and if you were a shit bag (exact opposite of your Captain America looking self) he might be able to get something out of it.

Last thing... I have cited just as many people with CCW's as I have without.

It might have been a coincidence the last two times I was pulled over (Jones, Wags, Paul, MoJoe know the LAST time :eek:)...

BUT...my point is that for something most car guys would want anyway, I've had a couple of saved-my-ass moments.

That's just straight fucked up. I got ask for DL and ins card for just sitting in a gas station parking lot. Got pull over for DUI and I don't drink. All this in Johnstown.

Yeah, it was the CCW that saved you.. not your white captain america looking ass

^^ :funny:

My wife said it was because of this ;)

I got off with just a verbal from a CHP officer on 315 near downtown a couple weeks back and my wife couldn't believe it. 70-75 in a 55 and was actually mad that I didn't get a ticket :D

Ha Ha!

The embarrassing yet funny part was I couldn't tell it was a CHP on my ass as we weaved through those curves. He kept on my ass as I went from center to right thinking he'd pass. Then I moved over again to center as did he, then left and he again.

I was like WTF. If my wife wasn't with me I would likely have gone balls out seeing if the asshole could keep up and really got busted :o

He said one of the reasons he pulled me over, in addition to speed, was the weaving. I simply told him that I clearly didn't know he was a cop (until those blueberries lit up) and was "wondering why the asshole on my ass was tailing me like that" He laughed and said "if your tint on the back wasn't so dark......."

Anyway, that's a first time for me to have that happen. One of the coolest cops I've encountered. He said he was just waiting until there was a safe place to pull me over and that was checking to make sure I wasn't an impaired driver as my speed kept going from 65-75mph.

???

Because guns and cars are mutually exclusive??? This is like saying most car guys should own electric guitars because we all like rock music.

Advocate a CCW as part of responsible gun ownership - don't impart to it mystical get out of jail free powers as a way to sell people into it. It sends the wrong message.

???

Because guns and cars are mutually exclusive??? This is like saying most car guys should own electric guitars because we all like rock music.

Advocate a CCW as part of responsible gun ownership - don't impart to it mystical get out of jail free powers as a way to sell people into it. It sends the wrong message.

YOU be the advocate if you care that much...and I didn't suggest they are "mutually exclusive". Don't need to send my message all the way over to one side of the spectrum.

YOU be the advocate if you care that much...and I didn't suggest they are "mutually exclusive". Don't need to send my message all the way over to one side of the spectrum.

I don't care that much, I'm just pointing out that you are advocating people get a CCW so they can be perceived as one of the "good guys" and therefore exploit bias that exists to "get away" with breaking minor laws. Is that really the message you want to deliver?

I'm all for a softer touch in law enforcement, esp when related to the money making scheme that is speed enforcement but that shouldn't be available to people who have a CCW vs someone who doesn't. Maybe it exists maybe it doesn't but either way, should it be promoted?

Get a CCW because you believe in responsible gun ownership. Don't break laws. MoJoe teahces classes here so there is a CR hook up. <---there I just was the advocate.

I don't care that much, I'm just pointing out that you are advocating people get a CCW so they can be perceived as one of the "good guys" and therefore exploit bias that exists to "get away" with breaking minor laws. Is that really the message you want to deliver?

It's no coincidence... You can't have a CCW if you're a convicted felon. If you tell the officer up front you have a CCW, whether you're carrying or not, it easily identifies yourself as having no criminal history. This quickly sets the tone for the entire stop and you'll find officers appreciate it more often than not. So yes, you immediately set yourself apart from the rest of the public by holding a CCW.

It's no coincidence... You can't have a CCW if you're a convicted felon. If you tell the officer up front you have a CCW, whether you're carrying or not, it easily identifies yourself as having no criminal history. This quickly sets the tone for the entire stop and you'll find officers appreciate it more often than not. So yes, you immediately set yourself apart from the rest of the public by holding a CCW.

It automatically comes up under your license plate that you have a CHL. No need to inform if you are not carrying.

So does your drivers license once run through the system, which he or she is going to do anyway.

Also it is possible to have a CCW and have an outstanding warrant, like if you forgot to pay a speeding ticket. I'm sure the officers appreciate you giving them the info but again that goes more toward politeness being the factor and not actually having the CCW in the first place.

TL/DR: CCW does not have magic powers to get you out of tickets and be nice to any officer that pulls you over.