Chromium OS Dualboot. Who's done it?

Benner

Going through the steps of installing Neverware's Chromium OS on my ASUS s200e. I've gone through the Bios and changed everything needed from BIOS.

I can access the operating system and boot it up through the USB however when I go to install dual boot it won't allow it. States that "Fastboot/fast startup must be turned off. Running windows 8.1 and have disabled it multiple times however it keeps re enabling it somehow. What am I missing here?

Also noticed in order for me to be able to get back into the chromium OS after closing out of it I have to recreate the boot image on my flash drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

That is a weird one... if you don't mind my asking, why dual boot into ChromeOS? One solution that might better for you would be to download VirtualBox and create a VM of ChromeOS within Windows 8.1

Any reason it needs to dual boot? I'm just wondering.

Basically getting very tired of the slowness and lag of my laptop on windows 8 plus I've been very interested to see how Chrome OS is.

Wanting to see speed comparison.

I managed to get it to work. Had to restore all defaults in Bios and go through one by one. I missed disabling shutting off secure boot somehow.

Overall liking it and the speed increase it nice. I may end up installing it as the only operating system if it all works like I want. Don't really use the laptop anymore except for online stuff and minor documents that I can create with any of the document software a out there.

have you considered doing the free Windows 10 update? Windows 10 runs much faster then Windows 8.1 on most systems and Windows 10 is more stable.

If your system is slowing down to the point where you are considering another OS, then I would consider spending $80 on an SSD and doing the free Windows 10 upgrade. You would be surprised at how much extra life you can squeeze out of an old machine with a simple SSD upgrade and Windows 10.