TV Wall Mounts

jeffro

Anyone using a wall mount for a large tv (60+) in the corner? The way our living room is configured only leaves us with 1 option for the tv, which is in the corner. The stand we have now sticks out too far so a wall mount is going to be necessary.

Searching around, i'm seeing the swiveling mounts, but not sure how something like that would work in a corner with a larger tv. Almost looks like it wouldn't reach. Will i need to make some sort of corner brace that gives the mount something to anchor to? I found this on google images to give you an idea. Id like to try to avoid this if possible. http://oldhousecrazy.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/old-house-crazy-diy-corner-mount-your-flat-panel-tv-without-300-bucks-05.jpg

Thanks for the input.

I have a 42" that we use in a corner mount by just using a swivel arm mounted on one wall. The arm I have isn't anywhere near fully extended to get it there.

As long as it is not a plasma I don't see any issues with the newer fairly light TVs even with the arm extended all the way.

Are these like what you were looking at?http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/catalog/productsearch/?keyword=corner%20tv%20mount%20bracket&searchType=Global

We could probably weld something up. Just a big 90 degree elbow made from angle iron to bolt to corner. Some tubing sticking out from middle with horizontal pieces to hang tv from

I have a 42" that we use in a corner mount by just using a swivel arm mounted on one wall. The arm I have isn't anywhere near fully extended to get it there.

As long as it is not a plasma I don't see any issues with the newer fairly light TVs even with the arm extended all the way.

This is kind of what I'm wondering. If the arm extends enough to put the TV at 45* to the corner. Wally world sells them for under $100, and has excellent reviews. Reading the reviews didn't quite answer my question.