Need help Finding Dad's car

Buckeye1647545503

So long story short, my father passed away December 2014. All of his cars were sold off against his wishes. I have been watching for the one particular car that was our favorite to surface since then but up untill now didn't have a vin to help. Thanks to the Torino registry having records of the owner prior to my Dad I now do. So the question is now that I have the vin what is the easiest way to find it?I know new laws passed in 97 make it much harder than it used to be..

Start with the obvious: What is the make, model, year, color, of the vehicle? many of us troll CL enough that if we see something we can say something.

If the car was sold but the paperwork never transferred you are SOL. the best you can do is find who sold it and see if they remember who the buyer was (maybe they kept a bill of sale).

If you have a friend who is an atty, you can usually get access to records beyond what the normal public has. Often this includes names and addresses. They have to fill out a form that indicates that it is connection with litigation or potential litigation. I would say that confirming the sale price with the buyer (wink, wink) to make sure there was no elder abuse in settling your father's estate might qualify.

it is a 1969 Torino in Presidential blue with white stripes and a chrome cop spot light on the drivers pillar .

http://www.fairlaneregistry.com/regcars/lp69gt2.jpg

I just tried the bmv and it is not working ... my guess is because of the shortened 60's vin

And I am fairly sure Carfax doesn't track cars this old.

it is a 1969 Torino in Presidential blue with white stripes and a chrome cop spot light on the drivers pillar .

http://www.fairlaneregistry.com/regcars/lp69gt2.jpg

I just tried the bmv and it is not working ... my guess is because of the shortened 60's vin

And I am fairly sure Carfax doesn't track cars this old.

Man that's a awesome car, hope you can find it, what a disgrace it was sold against his wishes.