Ford Lightning as a DD...

Sully

Those are a bit above my price point. Plus, I'm digging the Silverado SS over anything else as of now.

Are you thinking of the 454 SS from 1990s, or the more modern SS truck from a few years ago?

Man, I really loved the 454 SS and even had a model of it on my dresser when I was a kid. I really wanted that truck someday. But, I am now speaking of the newer Silverado SS. I found this one yesterday that I'm interested in:

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/images/2015/12/22/417/976/42882225900.417976750.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

A good friend had a '99 for a DD through Michigan winters for 2 years. Never wrecked running all seasons and he drove like an asshole 99% of the time. Was a sweet truck aside from being cramped. He was 6'9 and I'm 6'2...not sure how he did it.

I think this thread has gone from $6,000 '90s Ford F150 with a 351 to a $60,000 400+hp mall-crawler. :lol:

LoL. Ikr? I'm looking at around $15k for a truck. Might go just a smidge higher for the right truck. Also, I have a trade, so I can't get something from a private seller unless they wanted to trade for my exact vehicle, which is highly unlikely. I sent a message to Jordan this morning hoping he can help me.

Not too far off, but it's a private seller (I have to trade in a vehicle), and it's black. I want red.

Have you considered sending your current vehicle through the auction? You'll get the same $ as trading it in because the dealer will just give you what it'll go for in the auction. Then you can broaden your search and consider private sellers

Have you considered sending your current vehicle through the auction? You'll get the same $ as trading it in because the dealer will just give you what it'll go for in the auction. Then you can broaden your search and consider private sellers

Wat? Then I'd be without a vehicle until I found what I want. Still gotta get to work somehow.

I DD'd a 1994 for years, turbocharged making 600+ to the tires, towed my car with it, drive it all over. Get something else for snow. I still have a turbocharged 1994 but I don't drive it very often anymore.