Anyone know where a good place to get your taxes done at?

smokin5s

I tried to do my taxes tonight using Tax Act and it said that I owe over 6k... I claimed 0 on everything and have paid a boat load into taxes out of my checks so I'm a bit lost. I'm hoping it was something stupid I did and figure I need to take it to the professionals.... Who here knows a reasonably priced tax person? We've had our taxes done the past few years at Jackson Hewitt, but was hoping to find a place a little more reasonable.

Where does everyone go?

I've used the same CPA for over 10 years, but honestly this is a really tough time to try and get someone to start and finish your taxes by 4/15/16 without filing an extension.

Think about it this way also: if the tax service costs $500 but they take you legally from owing $6k to getting a $4k refund, isn't that worth the cost?

I went to HR block one year, it was pretty meh. I only had some stock gains/losses to deal with, and it was a couple hundred bucks. They did not save me anything over just doing the regular old 1040 with schedule A or whatever and cap gains/losses schedule D? Very disappointed. They don't have a magic wand they wave and find mystery monies for you to get back :(

If you don't have anything fancy to report, just do them yourself, a 1040EZ takes like 2 minutes if that. I've used the free online places and they were pretty easy too.

Wait until Bernie is president! .......I agree with Clay, but have heard great things about Turbo Tax software at asking you questions.

Could work. I decided just to not do any taxes, or pay my student loans...might stop paying daycare too just in case. I figure Bernie will fix it for me in November. :fuckyeah:

Been going to this guy for years (Daughter and new husband now goes too). Dealt with rental property and college for kid. Approx $200 for mine, but more complex than some:

http://denniswilliamsoncpa.com/

No relationship other than we have used for years..

Just spoke with Dennis, he's not accepting any more clients.

Edited by smokin5s

I have 8 houses that I file separately on, 2 businesses, 2 people filing (so two W2 filings) and a partridge and a pear tree- I pay $300 for my CPA to do them every year.

Lynda Cooper in Hilliard- 614-876-4436.

I will give Lynda a call this afternoon... can you please PM your last name in case she offers referrals.

Thanks!

I have 8 houses that I file separately on, 2 businesses, 2 people filing (so two W2 filings) and a partridge and a pear tree- I pay $300 for my CPA to do them every year.

Lynda Cooper in Hilliard- 614-876-4436.

Each home its own llc to keep them in lower tax brackets, and then claim passive income?

I was using HHH group off henderson, their pricing was fair, their results were average. However they did not give me much value or ask many questions about what I could be doing unless I went out on my own and learned about new tax strategies. I have since switched this year, however I have little feedback yet other then advise from other business owners whom had success.

My .02 is like Clay mentioned and I realized this year. Does your CPA work for you, or are you working for him? Your CPA needs to be giving you advice, ideas and strategies, not just Paying 300 and filing your taxes. Paying 300 for just getting it done versus say 500-750 for getting it all done and lowering your burden by a fair amount is well worth the ROI.

Each home its own llc to keep them in lower tax brackets, and then claim passive income?

I actually don't have them in LLC's (intentionally). I did a lot of research on it and it's not worth the move. I just carry a shit ton of insurance.