Tesla Model 3 livestream reveal

Mowgli1647545497

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the price... I'd say it's above average looking? If you need to drive long distance once a year just get a rental econobox. Otherwise, if these things are reliable (what are the wearable parts? brakes?) seems like a good value

These are self driving right? Show me another $35k car that does that

For a (reasonably) cheap all electric, it looks better than I thought they would. I still think they are going to go under....wonder when?

if they can produce these and sell them for a profit, i don't see how they would go under with all the sales they are apparently making.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/03/people_are_waiting_in_line_to.html

I've thought about putting a deposit down but I realistically don't see them delivering until 2018 at the earliest and the front end is meh. It just looks cheap and uninspired. :( Rest of the car looks great

I've thought about putting a deposit down but I realistically don't see them delivering until 2018 at the earliest and the front end is meh. It just looks cheap and uninspired. :( Rest of the car looks great

The first cars in 2018, if you are toward the rear of the line now, you are looking much longer.

1) Autopilot HARDWARE is on the $35k variant, but the software won't be unless you spring for more. So no, you're not getting an autonomous vehicle for $35k. Nor are autonomous vehicles approved for commercial sale yet (IIRC) so the Tesla system still requires your hands to be on the wheel. Therefore you can still get a DUI.

2) I can't believe anyone still believes what Elon Musk says when it comes to delivery dates. Has there ever been any evidence that he holds to a deadline AT ALL? No. I think 2019 will be the first deliveries.

3) It's not a bad looking car and I'm a Tesla hater. The interior, though, is simply awful. I like "clean" and spartan looks as much as anyone, but it literally looks like they slapped a computer monitor on a bench and said "yep...that's our interior design language". I want a car to be a nice place to sit, so hopefully the interior is competitive with other cars in the midsize luxury segment, but it won't be.

4) How much will "the one you want to buy" be? Will people still have a massive hardon after the $7500 tax credit runs out, which it appears it will rather quickly?

5) I'm very interested to see how the charging thing works out. A lot of people who will be attracted to this car are not homeowners or don't necessarily have the means to install a quick charger at home.

1) Autopilot HARDWARE is on the $35k variant, but the software won't be unless you spring for more. So no, you're not getting an autonomous vehicle for $35k. Nor are autonomous vehicles approved for commercial sale yet (IIRC) so the Tesla system still requires your hands to be on the wheel. Therefore you can still get a DUI.

2) I can't believe anyone still believes what Elon Musk says when it comes to delivery dates. Has there ever been any evidence that he holds to a deadline AT ALL? No. I think 2019 will be the first deliveries.

3) It's not a bad looking car and I'm a Tesla hater. The interior, though, is simply awful. I like "clean" and spartan looks as much as anyone, but it literally looks like they slapped a computer monitor on a bench and said "yep...that's our interior design language". I want a car to be a nice place to sit, so hopefully the interior is competitive with other cars in the midsize luxury segment, but it won't be.

4) How much will "the one you want to buy" be? Will people still have a massive hardon after the $7500 tax credit runs out, which it appears it will rather quickly?

5) I'm very interested to see how the charging thing works out. A lot of people who will be attracted to this car are not homeowners or don't necessarily have the means to install a quick charger at home.

All this^

http://i.imgur.com/ZEe4nuz.jpg

Perfect

That just keeps you in the lane, the tesla will drive your drunk ass home by its self

No, it won't.

^ I couldn't have said it much better. They are equipping all vehicles with the hardware so they talk to the cloud and map the roads. The S's Autopilot is pretty good (the best currently available, with a bunch of safety concerns), and 90+% of the time it steers correctly, but we're not to the point where you should remove your hands and watch cat videos.

Autodriving is a non feature for me. I don't want it, will never pay for it.

Love what Tesla is doing driving the market to nonpolluting transportation, but its not a product that appeals to me yet. Its far too "Apple" and besides, I just got done laying down a payment for a nice fast polluting codpiece of a car.

In 5-10 years when the battery technology has matured, and these cars have more than a one-trick-pony (dig race to 100) performance profile and the design gets over the "less is more" bullshit, I'll look again.

Unfortunately, non of these early adopter cars will be Hand-me-downs to kids or the really poor. The batteries won't last 10years, tops, with any appreciable range still on them. No amount of clever coding can overcome chemistry and physics. And expect the "free battery replacement for life" thing to go away soon, if it hasn't already. It certainly won't be an option for a high production low price commodity.

There are a few things keeping me from buying a tesla, but I may not be able to hold out much longer. I worry about the future of the company. Wisconsin does not have a dealership and I got no fucking time to go to Chicago if there are problems with the car. Aside from that::::

I don't care about range

I love the fact you can seat 7 in the p90 whatever model

I love the safety

Awd

The looks are good enough for me

The simplicity of the car

I wish it made more noise though

There are a few things keeping me from buying a tesla, but I may not be able to hold out much longer. I worry about the future of the company. Wisconsin does not have a dealership and I got no fucking time to go to Chicago if there are problems with the car. Aside from that::::

I don't care about range

I love the fact you can seat 7 in the p90 whatever model

I love the safety

Awd

The looks are good enough for me

The simplicity of the car

I wish it made more noise though

You will most likely have a dealership in 2017.