When are we doing a CR Range Day?

Diamonds

Shot my first LR match at Rayners today. I predicted I would shoot somewhere around a 160-170 so I made a goal of shooting a 200. Ended up shooting a 280 with plenty left o give because "greed". Very pleased. Can't wait to do it again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone wanting to learn long range shooting.

For anyone wanting to go long range shooting.

I am going to Rayners for the match on 5/22/16.

I have a spare gun and ammo (just pay me for the ammo).

It's a great way to learn as there will be a cornucopia of experts there to help you. No egos.

20 bucks to enter, 48.60 for 36 rounds of my 6.5creedmoor.

Or, 20 bucks to shoot, and bring your own gun/etc.

Even I f you are a novice. You will make hits at 900/1000 that day thanks to great spotters!

It's a great way to learn as there will be a cornucopia of experts there to help you. No egos.

Even I f you are a novice. You will make hits at 900/1000 that day thanks to great spotters!

I'd take you up on this but they do their LR matches the same day Briar does their USPSA. You should come do a USPSA shoot sometime.

HWilli, are you going to come out to the Briar shoot in May? It looks like they just bought a few more acres of land and are going to add 5 more bays. They're planning on having the state match there this year. The stages last month were AWESOME!

I wish this was a Saturday...

Shot my first LR match at Rayners today. I predicted I would shoot somewhere around a 160-170 so I made a goal of shooting a 200. Ended up shooting a 280 with plenty left o give because "greed". Very pleased. Can't wait to do it again.

Congrats bro.

I thought that tacpack post sounded familiar.

Link?

Texted ya.

Once school is out for the summer I'd love to take you up on something like this. Just want to shoot for fun but don't have enough time to make it worthwhile to invest in a rifle for long range. I just have fun guns, nothing I would shoot past about 50 yards with.

Once school is out for the summer I'd love to take you up on something like this. Just want to shoot for fun but don't have enough time to make it worthwhile to invest in a rifle for long range. I just have fun guns, nothing I would shoot past about 50 yards with.

Sounds good to me. Again, i'm not as much as an expert as some of the people you will meet at a comp. But, i will be able to teach you how to make hits at 1,000, adjust, compensate for wind, and dial for hits based on your miss.

My spare gun is a perfect loaner.

Sounds good to me. Again, i'm not as much as an expert as some of the people you will meet at a comp. But, i will be able to teach you how to make hits at 1,000, adjust, compensate for wind, and dial for hits based on your miss.

My spare gun is a perfect loaner.

Sounds awesome! Looking forward to it. My schedule is pretty much wide open in the summer as long as I have a couple days notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Shot the Rayners match yesterday. Improved my score (280, then today 290) from last time.

Weather held up nicely.

Had about 2 minutes worth of rain.

Hit a 2 inch mallet head at 235y.

Went 27/36 on the course (missed 9 total, 5 of those were due to too much gambling).

13254262_10104307048212884_4368138408989735070_n.jpg?oh=dbb116fe6fe61dc1b2a398984e87da94&oe=57D2E93D

Shot the Rayners match yesterday. Improved my score (280, then today 290) from last time.

Weather held up nicely.

Had about 2 minutes worth of rain.

Hit a 2 inch mallet head at 235y.

Went 27/36 on the course (missed 9 total, 5 of those were due to too much gambling).

13254262_10104307048212884_4368138408989735070_n.jpg?oh=dbb116fe6fe61dc1b2a398984e87da94&oe=57D2E93D

Nice man.

I wish I could've done it. :( Instaregret.