Shipping freight in from Spain. Need shipping suggestions...

yardman10

I am ordering two large items from Spain for my work and am trying to find the most economical shipping option. Each skid weighs around 900lbs(2 skids). I was quoted over $6500.00 for fedex economical freight which I assume is via a plane(still 10 day delivery from departure). Any logistical people here have a worthwhile suggestion? Seems like there could be a better option...

I've always had the best luck with DHL on international.

I actually just got an email from my rep saying they had some specials on shipments exceeding 300lbs, to ignore the web quotes on anything like that and call for the updated pricing.

Ocean freight via container. You could probably do much better if time is not of the essence using a 20 foot container. Shipping from Spain I would contact Maersk line or Mediterranean shipping company. They should have online rate quote tools and transit times.

Ocean freight via container. You could probably do much better if time is not of the essence using a 20 foot container. Shipping from Spain I would contact Maersk line or Mediterranean shipping company. They should have online rate quote tools and transit times.

Containers are pricey, and open yourself up to being hit with large fees.

Called DHL express. Was quoted $16000! Couldnt reach anyone else at DHL for other options. UPS quoted $2500. So far that is the most reasonable with also offering a 7 day ETA...

$2,500 isn't terrible.

A drive able car from Spain, will cost $1,500-$2,000