Puke smell removal

Zx2guy19

Baking soda. Only issue is that you'll need to locate the exact physical spots of the source of the smell (like, where EXACTLY your puke seeped into the seats, etc.).

That won't be a problem. After spending 3 hours removing my own vomit while hungover and sore from the half marathon, the location of each morsel is forever in my mind.

I am going to try this ozone thing tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I'll do baking soda. Will that stain her black interior at all?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad - Bad night for sure (= Surespraysalot).

Pull the seats and steam them and under.. Most likely under or against the side of the seats (Daughter did it in an old Miata and had to do this to get it out). Lastly if the biomass hit the vents burn it (Sell).. You will never get it out..

GL too (Yes this is Dave)!!

Only issue is that you'll need to locate the exact physical spots of the source of the smell (like, where EXACTLY your puke seeped into the seats, etc.).

Why bother wasting the time? Soda's cheap, do the whole thing.

I ordered an ozone generator. It was $100 on Amazon and if it doesn't work I'll send it back. We shall see.

I'm betting that one is the same one my buddy ordered. Ran it for short periods of time in his E30 and smells didn't completely go away. Let it run for like 6 hours and everything was all better.

You've got the best approach nailed here assuming the residue is completely cleaned up and didn't get under the carpet into the insulation.

the best kind of drinking lesson.....the one you're still learning a week later. Probably by the time you throw all this stuff at it trying to get rid of it the smell will just go away on it's own. Just air it out and keep some freshener in there. The wife will eventually get tired of bitching about it. Granted....the smell will be long gone before the bitching is but eventually it'll all be gone. The day she says the car's better you should tell her you're in the mood for some whiskey and cokes. :D

You might believe you have the smell gone, then one 85 degree day you'll come back to the car after baking in the sun, turn on the A/C..... then all the memories of that fateful evening will come rushing back.

You might believe you have the smell gone, then one 85 degree day you'll come back to the car after baking in the sun, turn on the A/C..... then all the memories of that fateful evening will come rushing back.

Dude that's honestly my biggest fear...when it gets hot, the puke smell increases.

the best kind of drinking lesson.....the one you're still learning a week later. Probably by the time you throw all this stuff at it trying to get rid of it the smell will just go away on it's own. Just air it out and keep some freshener in there. The wife will eventually get tired of bitching about it. Granted....the smell will be long gone before the bitching is but eventually it'll all be gone. The day she says the car's better you should tell her you're in the mood for some whiskey and cokes. :D

HA! Lesson learned for sure. I don't think I'll ever drink this much again in my life, especially on a day that I did a half marathon.

Brad - Bad night for sure (= Surespraysalot).

Pull the seats and steam them and under.. Most likely under or against the side of the seats (Daughter did it in an old Miata and had to do this to get it out). Lastly if the biomass hit the vents burn it (Sell).. You will never get it out..

GL too (Yes this is Dave)!!

Man, sorry you have to see this post from your previous HR partner :)

The silver lining is that we only have a year on the lease left. Worst case scenario, we drive it for a few months and trade it in.

HA! Lesson learned for sure. I don't think I'll ever drink this much again in my life, especially on a day that I did a half marathon.

I wish I had a $1 for every time I've said that :lol:

A few ideas from getting hockey stink out of hockey gear (one of the worst stinks known to man):

As always, test on a hidden portion of the fabric to make sure there's no permanent damage before going to town on the main areas. If you're able to identify the specific problem areas with your nose, get some rubbing alcohol or white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the affected areas. That will kill the bacteria causing the smell. Steam cleaning is great for stains, horrible for smells because it recycles the stank water and many detail places do NOT properly clean their extractors because they're so busy.

Vinegar will, yeah, make your car smell like salad dressing for a while. However, that smell will dissipate and break down MUCH faster than puke smell, especially seafood puke smell.

As I said before, just make sure you test a patch of fabric before going to town on the entire seat.

Update: the gel thing linked earlier didn't do anything. Made her car smell like fresh puke haha. I got the ozone generator today and put it in for 2 hours (max time) and it's sitting the required 40 minutes now. Gonna do that a few times and hope it helps. So far, nothing has changed the smell.

Thanks Doc!

Bro's. Just went and took the ozone generator out. Seriously, what the fuck. It smells SIGNIFICANTLY better after only 2 hours. Going to do 2 hours again tomorrow night and then again Saturday. Unbelievable after only one treatment. I had my wife come out and smell and she couldn't believe it...still needs another round or 2 but this thing is unbelievable.

Thanks Doc!

Bro's. Just went and took the ozone generator out. Seriously, what the fuck. It smells SIGNIFICANTLY better after only 2 hours. Going to do 2 hours again tomorrow night and then again Saturday. Unbelievable after only one treatment. I had my wife come out and smell and she couldn't believe it...still needs another round or 2 but this thing is unbelievable.

maybe it's just the fact I'm seriously lacking any good entertainment these days but this whole thread cracks me up :lol:

you: "Hey honey......come out and smell the pukey car."

wife: " Wow.....I can't believe how less of a puke smell I'm getting. Great job!"

In still trying to get around the fact you didn't make it out of the window, I have been damn near dead from my bac level and still always managed to make it out the window.

+1000000000

I have never seen a grown ass man puke in a car

These.

Also, if all else fails and the smellz stay alive in the car then you can just trade it in to Jet Auto Group. They're always looking for more inventory :gabe:

In still trying to get around the fact you didn't make it out of the window, I have been damn near dead from my bac level and still always managed to make it out the window.

+1000000000

I have never seen a grown ass man puke in a car

he said in his first post he doesn't really drink so that explains pretty much everything that's wrong in this thread. :D Seasoned vets don't make this mistake....it's always the rookies that suffer or in this case the rookie's wife. :lol:

Just buy her a mask to wear when she goes anywhere in the car. :lol: