2 year old BDay party location suggestions?

Diamonds

Family only, no other kids. Where should we have it?

We are more about food/visiting than kids playing. But the kids still needs to free space to run around.

EDIT

I should clarify on the "playing" thing:

People I asked suggested magic mountain and skyzone yesterday... And I'm like "Theur two years old, they can't play laser tag, go carts, etc" so we are looking for a place that is appropriate for a 2 year old to have fun. The second part is that it's going to be like 5-6 kids and then like 25 adults so it's not as if we want to have it at some kid-specific place where the ratio would be 1:1 (kid:adult).

I told her to just have it at home because my son ain't gonna understand the difference. She was all "child please".

Edited by Diamonds

Just took our two girls to world of bounce ( 21 months and 6 years). We had a blast Sunday morning. I of course had to help our littlest and climb

Up to those slides. I was wore the fuck out after an hour there.

Agreed, we just had a good time at our house for her 2 year old party. she didnt know anyways.

I would find a place to cater in or order in to a familys house, or find a place that has a party room so they can play.

Bob, Try Selby Park in Colonial Hills. There is a shelter house with kitchen, bathroom, picnick area and a great park with lots of structures if there are older kids. I think rental is like $25 or $30 and you can do it through the Worthington Rec Center. Lots of tables and chairs so it's super easy for kids parties. Plus it's pretty close to you.

People I asked suggested magic mountain and skyzone yesterday... And I'm like "Theur two years old, they can't play laser tag, go carts, etc" so we are looking for a place that is appropriate for a 2 year old to have fun. The second part is that it's going to be like 5-6 kids and then like 25 adults so it's not as if we want to have it at some kid-specific place where the ratio would be 1:1 (kid:adult).

I told her to just have it at home because my son ain't gonna understand the difference. She was all "child please".

This is a little different then NO other children

I say for sure with the shelter house etc idea at a park and come up with some very basic games maybe depending on age like a water ballon toss or something also kids ( and adults to) love to hurl a water ballon at someone

At 2?

:lolguy:

Pick a Family Member's Home...... It means NOTHING to the child.

KillJoy

Agreed with no other kids going who cares? Doesn't sound like a "party"

Another vote for this......

My son turns 5 in a couple of weeks and this is the first time we're doing an 'off-site' birthday party.

Just keep it casual at home, make it about him/her and they'll love just seeing family/friends

Unless you are competing in the "Mommy Pinterest" game, it should be an at home event.

When they are in pre-school, or elementary school, and they are inviting classmates and friends. Then Super Games, World of Bounce, and Buckeye Bounce, Skyzone comes into play. We have 25-30 kids on our street all within 5 years of age to each other. We are always at one of those places. Kids love them, but it's not worth it unless you have 25+ kids coming.

I love Buckeye Bounce because Flyer's Pizza is awesome, and is next door to it. So food for the party is super easy, walk next door order pizza, walk pizza into Buckeye Bounce's party room.

Edit: Fuck Chucky Cheese, place is fucking disgusting.

Edit#2

If you go to Skyzone it's right next door to the infamous CTD and has several signs at parking spaces reserving spots for David Wiggin's failed business. Nobody parks there because of threat of towing, however we know that place is out of business and I always seem to have a close spot reserved. :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160517/6e74c4dcd2c4f2b34fbcc03dd0d31642.jpg

Edited by Benjamin

I did my daughter's birthday parties (2 and 3) at World of bounce and this little play cafe in bexley called Piccadilly. Both allow you to bring your own food (although Piccadilly prefers to serve the kids food). It's basically an indoor jungle gym and it's about the right speed for a 2 year old, plus the "cafe" atmosphere made it easy for the adults to talk. If you want they can do art activities with the other kids while the grownups continue to kibitz. I think it was just over $200 to rent the whole place for the morning, plus art supplies, food, etc....but it has been a few years so better call them for pricing. It was a really great experience.

world of bounce is good for a big party where you invite the whole daycare class. It was a lot of fun but I wouldn't bother renting the place unless you have a lot of kids going.

Orange rd play ground and shelter house behind the pool (which is actually off 23). We did a party there, plenty to do, grilled some stuff, ate, kids had fun, cost zero (well besides food)

This place has a awesome play ground for the kids. Has huge Normal kid play ground, and a smaller kid play ground (1.5-3 year old )

Park. Seriously, kids have open spaces to run around (also assuming there's a playground area) and adults can grill out. There are plenty of games you can play, cornhole, flip cup... i mean... something suitable for children. I would assume renting a park shelter house would be cheaper than having a party at some of the places mentioned?