nice

xlr8tn

Tim, country problems :D

When we first moved in in November and stored the three F-Bodies in the pole barn garage thing, we put down moth balls in containers around all four corners of the garage. Then, three types of mouse traps, and poison. No mice ended up in the cars, but I did see a fat one last week running along the wall.

We're now looking for a barn cat to live out there, then we should be all set :D

They anthongy.. I may have a solution fo ryou- I think we have two barn cats in the PetPromise, who are mostly feral and needing a barn to live in.

Are you interested? I can double check if they are still looking for a home for them.

Trish, the "barn" is a finished pole barn where the cars are parked in the off season. I'm looking for a cat that will live in there and not try to run away, even if I leave the garage door(s) open, but also won't claw the shit out of my cars.

you're out in the sticks now too Anthony....if you let a cat run you might as well paint a target on the side of it. :D Someone got ours a few years ago even with a collar on it. Not sure what he was doing so he may have deserved it but still tough to explain to the kids when one shows up with shot all in it's back.

A few months ago I had one eyeballing the chickens when they were still small. I grabbed Tina's .22 and hit right in front of the cat. I swear it jumped and ran across open air before landing and taking off. I haven't seen it since :)

BTW, I have my quad shifting properly now. We need to get together.

Trish, the "barn" is a finished pole barn where the cars are parked in the off season. I'm looking for a cat that will live in there and not try to run away, even if I leave the garage door(s) open, but also won't claw the shit out of my cars.

We have a couple of barn cats in the program. They just want someplace to call there own, where food will be provided and shelter. I make no promises about running away/car scratching because i dont know them. I imagine a constant source of food would prevent that. I just know that we have an urgent need for these cats to not be in a house as they were barn cats before and are very stressed at indoor life.

I put together one of these last year. Game over for any mouse coming from the tree line behind us.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah133/PDQS4/bucket%20trap%20-%20-%20Yahoo%20Image%20Search%20Results%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox_2016-06-15_16-48-26_zpsqfhn7orn.jpg

Save

I'm going to have to try this idea. We moved back in August to a large house and a nice piece of property. The mice are crafty, and keep cleaning the conventional traps w/o setting it off. Luckily it's just the garage at the moment.

nice.....I'll have to load mine up and bring it out and we can play around on them sometime. July is tough for me to do anything. We'll be home a total of about 6 days the whole month. This is our travel/camp month. Maybe in August if it's not a million degrees out we can get together.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Trish and her friend Angela at PetPromise, we have a barn cat named Pepper. He was rescued from a farm in Kentucky and nursed back to health. Due to an ear infection and major scarring, his ears healed in a permanent "pissed off cat" position, which I think is hilarious for looks.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/Formulized/peppergarage_zpsjbxbxsr6.jpg

He was delivered by Angela personally, has all shots, is chipped and neutered, and came with all of his items (litter box, food, bowls, etc). He'll have a spoiled barn cat life with his own apartment that's insulated, alarmed, and even has music :D

Tim, Angela has a couple of other cats if you're interested...

The cat idea doesn't work either, unless you are fine with the cats walking on your car and scratching the paint to climb on it. Moth balls, dryer sheets, Irish spring soap and plenty of mouse traps seem to be the option for me. I fixed the paint on the car the cats scratched last year. Edited by RS69