2019 Ford Explorer Sport Trac...

Sully

errrr, I mean Ranger. I like the fact they are going to stuff a diesel in there, but I'm sure that'll push the price point into the 40's, just like the diesel GMC/Chevy truck. I still hate the short ass bed on a quad cab truck.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/2019-ford-ranger-yes-its-returning/ar-BBt79Ox?ocid=DELLDHP

I hate how new "mid-size" trucks are the size of old fullsize ones.

Right. The new "short" bed on that is probably as big as the normal or long bed one on an original Ranger.

Dammit, now I might have to waste time looking for actual measurements out of curiosity.

I totally missed where the explorer went from a RWD 4x4 to a FWD crossover. Then again it's an explorer so it's not like I would have been paying attention but...what a huge bummer.

My only hope for the new Ranger is that they try to keep the 2WD version RWD or at least bias the AWD version to the rear. FWD pickups are generally useless.

I'm not a fan of where trucks have went but it is what it is. IMO if you buy a truck and then slap a hard tonneau on it then you purchased the wrong vehicle. My brother did that his last few trucks....at that point you have a car with a big ass trunk that gets shit gas mileage.

Last year I started looking at getting another truck. Currently have an 06 duramax extended cab. Kids are starting to get older so at some point we're going to need a crew cab so they're not cramped on long trips. I was blown away at how much new diesels were so I started looking a few years older. I quit being blown away at the prices around '06 which is what I have now......kids will be fine in an extended cab. :D

I'm not a fan of where trucks have went but it is what it is. IMO if you buy a truck and then slap a hard tonneau on it then you purchased the wrong vehicle. My brother did that his last few trucks....at that point you have a car with a big ass trunk that gets shit gas mileage.

Last year I started looking at getting another truck. Currently have an 06 duramax extended cab. Kids are starting to get older so at some point we're going to need a crew cab so they're not cramped on long trips. I was blown away at how much new diesels were so I started looking a few years older. I quit being blown away at the prices around '06 which is what I have now......kids will be fine in an extended cab. :D

Trucks are crazy,. We're in the same boat, and looked at Suburbans as well...... there are that many people buying $75k+ vehicles??!

Suburbans are absolutely ridiculous, lowest priced LT is just south of 60k with discounts. You can get a crew cab Silverado v8 4x4 for less than 40k. Are they telling me that a third row seat and different shell costs a Cruze?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saw one that was out testing. one of the gas stations off of 75 here gets a fair amount of fords test vehicles come thru. they were testing it and two new edge's. i thought it looked pretty good in person. its been a good truck down in australia.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=976&pictureid=8557

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=976&pictureid=8558

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=976&pictureid=8559

just some pics of some from down under.

I buy trucks for under $5K all the time. Just look for beaters that make you gamble every time you drive them.

So far I've won...mainly.

Yea that's what I've always done as well. I've had a Sport Trac, s-10,f150, f250, and 2500.

The 2500 was purchased new in 2001 for $14,800. now the base is $32,000 I get they come with a million more safety features and comforts now vs then but it kills me both in my personal life and at my work that you can't buy a stripped down 100 or 200 class truck for $20,000 or less.

Shoot at work it basically makes more sense for us to lease 3 at ~$900/mo then to buy 3 at $100,000.