Kid Kart

hpfiend

Anyone do this with their kids around here? Back before we had kids I remember a few showing up the local auto X events. Is this still going on? Is there a kid racing series anywhere?

I found Ohiovalleykarting but it looks like none of the standings list any kid results.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it when I was a kid, your best bet is to check out mid-state kart club, or the WKA (world karting association). Find a local race and go talk to people and find out what popular.

How old is your kid? Back in the day the 5-7 class wasn't very popular, 8-12 was a little more, and most were in the 13-16. As I can see now as a parent the older they are the more comfortable I would be putting my kid out there.

How old is your child?

I recently purchased a kart for my nephew to get him started. He's a little young at 4 but I figured why not.

SCCA aloes kids as mentioned above...need to be 5 to participate.

Circleville has a kartint club that regularly races there but as I understand it they haven't had any entries in the 5-8 year old class in a couple of years.

There is another track over near Hamilton which does have an active 5-8 year old class.

If they are older than 8 you should be able to find a series for them to participate in at just about any of the kart tracks in Ohio

Pitt race and New Castle are also not too far away if you really get serious about it.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ZainoDetail/2C702697-8C44-4439-9A6F-4753BCABF8F5_zps6b0u8osu.jpg

My two sons are 5 and 7- where is your nephew going to use his? What type of kart is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a Birel B25 kids kart with comer c50 engine. I found a nearly new 2012 chassis with competitive engine for a reasonable price ($1500) and jumped on it. The guys that are serious will only run a new chassis for a couple of seasons then replace them.

I don't think he will race it anywhere this year. Goal is to get him comfortable and see where it goes next year. Any day that there isn't otherwise an event at circleville they have open track for $25