Cordless Impacts: What To Get?

wagner

You're correct...I wasn't considering the value of the warranty. But I'm seeing 3 year warranty not lifetime.

Here it is. I have never seen anything saying three year.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/full-lifetime-warranty

Also, their shop vacs are all lifetime, without registration for warranty. All tools must be registered within 30 days of purchase. It is not a difficult task. The first one took learning the site and what info was needed from the receipt. I have 5 tools now registered, it's pretty easy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-X4-18-Volt-1-2-in-Impact-Wrench-Tool-Only-R86010B/203930523

WARRANTY / CERTIFICATIONS

Certifications and Listings

1-UL Listed

Manufacturer Warranty

3 year or LSA with registration

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/three-year-limited-lsa

This 3-Year Limited Warranty begins from the date of purchase shown by a valid receipt. If a valid receipt is not available, the 3 year limited warranty period begins from the date of manufacture on originally purchased equipment.

This is if you do not register the tool. Maybe you got it from someone, and this would be a reason for this to be the limit of the warranty. But, why would you buy it and not register for the warranty?

Lifetime Service Agreement

The original purchaser of an eligible product may elect to register for a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase for processing approval as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, on all eligible RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement. Once all conditions of the registration process are fulfilled, the tool’s service coverage lasts the lifetime of the original purchaser. The Lifetime Service Agreement status on a tool is not transferable to persons other than the original purchaser. Note: The RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement is only available for eligible RIDGID tools purchased at THE HOME DEPOT.

Again...understood. My livelihood doesn't depend on my tools. I'm pretty sure I stated above that the HF was a good fit for my particular use case. I then went on to explain it's shortcomings in my opinion and how I'm looking to purchase a better unit to work with the wheels on my new car. The first one lasted 4 years and I've had my current unit for 2 years. For someone who doesn't depend on these things on a daily basis I still stand by my opinion that it's a good bargain option.

Fair enough.

Here it is. I have never seen anything saying three year.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/full-lifetime-warranty

Also, their shop vacs are all lifetime, without registration for warranty. All tools must be registered within 30 days of purchase. It is not a difficult task. The first one took learning the site and what info was needed from the receipt. I have 5 tools now registered, it's pretty easy.

This.

• 1 month later...