Today's project for our 4th of July Power Wheels Race.

SpaceGhost

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expedite that stuff! It's a week away...... or explain to your daughter for the rest of her life, why she didn't get that third trophy....... no pressure��

I was E-mailing back and forth yesterday, all day with them, it's a high volume time and they are more than a week out with orders right now. they were super helpful. Awesome company. So we went with stock motors that we will most likely burn up after the race if we need to go 24v. (They should live the two 100 yard runs we need for the race) We had to go with just replacement stock motors with a 23 tooth pinion that will work with my gearboxes. They are being second day aired, and shipped out today. The kits have to be put together (manufactured by them in house). We will have 2 new motors Wednesday and he told me, as a secret, the replacement stock motors are faster than the 775 performance motors even more so with a 23 tooth pinion. He said the 775s just can take the beating of 24v over and over. Before the pink car broke again, I put it against my son's new Boss, the Boss was walking away from the pink mustang everytime on 12v each. All things being even, the driver motor must have been getting worse and worse. It has a ton of shaft play. I will see on 12v which is faster this week when I install the new motors. He told me to run the new motors in 12v mode for 15 min with the wheels off the ground to break them in. May not even need the 24v setup until the Kits arrive after raceday if the new stock motors are really faster at 12v.

Rig up some RC motors to the front wheels on a remote so just in case she needs a little boost at the end, Dad hits the remote button and she gets the win.. by an inch or a mile ;)

NOS stickers? ;)

Ha Ha, the launch on these seriously sucks with the 24v. MLToys have sent some stickers to throw on the car.

Not gonna give a sad story and all, but she has an IEP (Individual Education Plan) with Westervile City Schools. They have been teaching common core reading with memorzation of "sight words" she's given a list and she must memorize and recognize them quickly and she is tested. Well she could for a week or so and then the next week forget last weeks words. She wasn't learning to read that way. They will not teach phonetics without and IEP. So since 1st grade this girl has to give up some fun stuff in school to do extra reading to get on track and learn to read. We work with her and they do too. Since all this she has passed her 3 grade test in reading in order to move on to 4th. She didn't have to rely on her IEP to pass her without passing the state test. Kids are mean, and she feels down all the time because she has to go and do extra stuff when others don't so she feels failure a lot. This girl goes to reading camp in the summer and has not had a summer off since Kindergarten. She works hard. In this event she dominates and gets a winning feeling, so as her father I'll take it and try to help her win anyway I can. It's great bonding, and it's car related so I love it too. It's important to her so it's important to me. Trying to get this through the wife's head as well. It's good for her.

Not gonna give a sad story and all, but she has an IEP (Individual Education Plan) with Westervile City Schools. They have been teaching common core reading with memorzation of "sight words" she's given a list and she must memorize and recognize them quickly and she is tested. Well she could for a week or so and then the next week forget last weeks words. She wasn't learning to read that way. They will not teach phonetics without and IEP. So since 1st grade this girl has to give up some fun stuff in school to do extra reading to get on track and learn to read. We work with her and they do too. Since all this she has passed her 3 grade test in reading in order to move on to 4th. She didn't have to rely on her IEP to pass her without passing the state test. Kids are mean, and she feels down all the time because she has to go and do extra stuff when others don't so she feels failure a lot. This girl goes to reading camp in the summer and has not had a summer off since Kindergarten. She works hard. In this event she dominates and gets a winning feeling, so as her father I'll take it and try to help her win anyway I can. It's great bonding, and it's car related so I love it too. It's important to her so it's important to me. Trying to get this through the wife's head as well. It's good for her.

Kick ass ben! You've come along way form the guy who wrecked his momo on 270!

Sorry guys, been busy, unfortunately there were tears, she did not win, it was my fault. I'll post the timelapse videos later. We are leaving to go watch Cleveland beat up on the Tigers yet again this season. LOL

Bummer, what did you do!

Top 2 advance.

Qualifying Heat 1, note how much she beats the Chevy truck by, and she only drove in low gear. :lolguy:

Heat 2 my son is in the blue mustang and lost 2nd by maybe an inch. :(

Final, so Gabrielle gets going and shifts to high gear and the fuse blew, I should have not put that in there and let the motors go...

Also note neighborhood kid driving around everyone in a go cart. :lolguy: note the Chevy truck wins. Which Gabrielle beat by a lot in the first heat.

She was pretty upset, but had to explain shit happens in racing. Showed her LeMans and the Toyota prototype this year. She got over it.

Car survived, gonna get one of the younger girls to be the driver next year, Gabrielle is gonna be her Crew Chief. Pass on some knowledge and fun. A boy has never won this race and you can see the girl won in the Chevy Truck. Andrew may get upgraded next year though. :)