Today's project for our 4th of July Power Wheels Race.

SpaceGhost

Rumor has it you can't run on 24v for long, without eating the motor up...let us know how it goes.

Tom

You can run an esc to help the motors live. Most of what I've seen, it's the cheap plastic gears that die before it's the motors.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man my daughter loves this mustang so dearly, she was begging me to convert it yesterday and I gave in. (I've had everything for the conversion since December) I told her this would be the last year as she is way too big for it. Her knees stick up and she can barely drive it. I told her we should plastidip it white and give to her brother, she starts bawling and says no it's always gonna be hers. Man it breaks my heart, I'm caught in a tough spot, my son wants one (The red Porsche I think) but would take hers if I plastidipded it. However my wife does not want me to spend the $$ on one for him, and like I said Gabrielle is super attached to her pink Mustang even more so as now I own a Mustang. Gonna have to bite the bullet and have the fight with the wife after I come home with a second Power Wheel. LOL

I know Right?!

Absolutely! And Yes, Yes she can, She's a female....LOL

LOL here is a Video of the Power Wheels Porsche GT3. LOL it's a pretty funny Ad.

http://cf.c.ooyala.com/wxdTBkeDrkzZln5s-GXYeW4bhdN3YGtO/DOcJ-FxaFrRg4gtDEwOjIwbTowODE7WK

such a true statement.

we're on our 3rd kid with the power wheels quad we have. I've painted it twice. This is our last kid so he'll be getting the 24v version at some point. He's got to where he rides it pretty good now so it's getting about that time. I was gonna do 18v to save the gears but since he's the last one there's no reason to save it.....10 years and 3 kids is pretty good I think. :D

As a side note.....another idea I had when he's done with it is to strip it down and make a beach crawler out of it to cart all our shit across the sand when we go to the beach.

Video doesn't wow me, but in person it looks faster, and she thinks it's a lot faster, her butt dyno says so... :lolguy:

We drove it around for 10-15 min in high and we started to smell the motors, so we shut it down. Definitely can't cruise around long in 24v, but we are definitely good for 2 passes.

So, daughter comes back one my time for the 3peat.. then shifter cart for the boy? You are starting down a fun and slippery slope my friend!

Ha Ha, maybe a shifter cart down the road for her. Today we go get his Porsche GT3.

Bad news:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160625/0e42b704a3d06525dff8885f8f1679c7.jpg

Have a week, need a fix. Any help? If the connector could be soldered back on I'd be in business it still works, just needs connected. I have no soldering skills. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I read is the motors are easy to find, the pinion is what is hard so that it matches the gearboxes and those gears are plastic so they go next....

I will buy a gocart next before I dump anymore $$ into this thing, she doesn't fit in it. We just want to try to 3 peat.

The only problem I had with these upgrades,( besides breakage , and melted wires at 36v, is that once you go fast , going back to less voltage is not an option. I used to buy harbor freight cordless drills and use the battery pack, esc and motor, it was cheaper at that time then other options. Sounds like some brushless drills with lithium batteries and speed controls would save the gearboxes, as the rubber band trick around the tires turned the power wheels I had into broken most of the time vehicles.

Driver motor is toast, a ton of shaft play makes it not work. It's just worn out, fix was M and L toys Stage IV Performance Motors/Gearboxes for Mustangs, now the 24v stuff is no worry and the motors will hold up fine and the gearboxes come with metal gears. All assembled together and just slide on the axel and connect wires. We'll be able to pass this on to another child on the street.

http://www.mltoys.com/product-p/stage-iv-mustang.htm

Only problem is these may not be here in time for the race. We will see.