Best way to remove shitty tint

BBQdDude

Trick that my neighbor used on his old truck was to use a black trash bag and straight ammonia. Cut the black garbage bag so you have it in large sheets vs a bag.

Soak the window in straight ammonia and put the black plastic bag up against the window and smooth it out. don't remove all the liquid as the idea is when you pull it out in the sun the ammonia will essentially steam/soften the tint.

He parked his car outside all afternoon and then when he came home he removed the bag and the tint sluffed off with ease. Hardly left any glue residue. I was impressed.

I suppose it work to use a steamer too.

The trash bag method is good. Way back I had purple tint removed from my Mustang before replacing it. Went to a little place off Refugee in Pickerington. Guy used extra film from previous jobs and basically rough tinted my old tint. Took me to lunch and let it bake in the sun. Came right off after that.

I bought a cheap steamer from Walmart for a couple of my cars. I also brought it into work when I worked at the dealer to remove off some trade ins. It makes it soooo much easier than relying on chemicals, heat and razor blades. Plus it can be used for various tasks around the house.

I have heard of the trash bag trick, does it work good enough to not have to use a razor blade? The rear window on my rx7 had a shit tint job done on it that has tons of bubbles in it, but I don't want to harm the defroster grid if I can help it.

It will work. Steamers are great too. When my friend who does clear bra installations removes them he uses a steamer and even old ones lift right off.

I called the place that tinted my car and they remove tint with Steam too.