WWCRD: Neighbor Fencing Issue

Fiji ST

WOW, your HOA is actually working for you. I've never heard of one going through that much work to act as a impartial party and work towards a solution.

He's just taken over the position at the beginning of the year and he seems to be very community-oriented. There seems to be more events going on now, or at least he himself is promoting them. Like, I never knew we had a July 4th party for kids in our park before until he went to every house to drop off a flyer.

Look up "land survey" in your yellow pages, or, you can call the city where you reside and ask who they would recommend, I paid $350 a few years back to have my pins marked.

Generally, they will only mark the 4 corners, not the lines.

Wow, that seems like a lot. I checked with the company that did ours before and they're charging 185 according to their website. And I thought I read where they also have to mark anytime the property line bends or is no longer straight.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just taken over the position at the beginning of the year and he seems to be very community-oriented. There seems to be more events going on now, or at least he himself is promoting them. Like, I never knew we had a July 4th party for kids in our park before until he went to every house to drop off a flyer.

Wow, that seems like a lot. I checked with the company that did ours before and they're charging 185 according to their website. And I thought I read where they also have to mark anytime the property line bends or is no longer straight.

I would imagine if the property didn't have straight lines, they would mark it as such.

The company I used was recommended by our county engineer, I figured there would be -0- questions if it came to going to court, as I used the same guy our county used for measurements.

As far as cost, it shut my neighbor down with his bullshit. It would have been worth twice that, and, at that point, I didn't care, I knew where my line was, but my asshole to the north wouldn't let up.......he's still butt hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff Notes Update:

HOA ended up washing their hands of it. Said it was a city matter and that we should split the cost of a survey. We've been trying to find one and they're anywhere from $350-750, so I'll just offer to split 1/4 of it since I'm not going to help him pay for his property to be surveyed.

We also have neighbors butting in. My wife got a Facebook message yesterday from the husband on the other side of my neighbor saying we should "be neighborly and let them go ahead and keep it the way it was." I love how people are dictating what I should use my property. Maybe I'll should let him run an extension cord into my house, or let him park his car in my garage too. You know, since we're sharing things now.

Cliff Notes Update:

HOA ended up washing their hands of it. Said it was a city matter and that we should split the cost of a survey. We've been trying to find one and they're anywhere from $350-750, so I'll just offer to split 1/4 of it since I'm not going to help him pay for his property to be surveyed.

We also have neighbors butting in. My wife got a Facebook message yesterday from the husband on the other side of my neighbor saying we should "be neighborly and let them go ahead and keep it the way it was." I love how people are dictating what I should use my property. Maybe I'll should let him run an extension cord into my house, or let him park his car in my garage too. You know, since we're sharing things now.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1286/12868072/3088222-ydsh42n.gif

Going through something similar here. Except I don't have a fence on my yard, the neighbor behind me put his fence up and it's 1ft 11" on my side of the yard (well past the lot pins)

HOA doesn't want to do anything about it and the neighbor is a royal dick (he's also a state highway patrolman) so at the end of the month I'm taking down all 1ft 11" of the backside of his vinyl fence

Cliff Notes Update:

If the HOA decided it's a city matter, then what exactly does the HOA exist to do??? The entire point of the HOA is to resolve the neighbor issues that the city can't be bothered with.

Also, maybe you should suggest the other neighbor be neighborly and help pay for fence upkeep since they're so insistent on involving themselves in a matter that has nothing to fucking do with them.

Going through something similar here. Except I don't have a fence on my yard, the neighbor behind me put his fence up and it's 1ft 11" on my side of the yard (well past the lot pins)

HOA doesn't want to do anything about it and the neighbor is a royal dick (he's also a state highway patrolman) so at the end of the month I'm taking down all 1ft 11" of the backside of his vinyl fence

:nod: Das it mane.

I wish you the best of luck. I've met very few OSHP officers that weren't asses.

If the HOA decided it's a city matter, then what exactly does the HOA exist to do??? The entire point of the HOA is to resolve the neighbor issues that the city can't be bothered with.

Also, maybe you should suggest the other neighbor be neighborly and help pay for fence upkeep since they're so insistent on involving themselves in a matter that has nothing to fucking do with them.

I had a response written back to the HOA.... and the neighbor. Wife convinced me otherwise. I had the same feeling when we all met with the board. This pretty much confirms it. I just have to be nice to the board as they were siding with me "off the record", I guess.

Well since the board is washing their hands of it... Time to remove some fence then from Your property.

Told ya the HOA wouldd fuck it up.

The wife made him take down the fence the day after we had our meeting.

Yea go ahead and tell that neighbor to mind his own business. Sucks that you have to dish out money to get this fixed. I would rather spend a little money to get this situation solved and finished once and for all.

Yea go ahead and tell that neighbor to mind his own business. Sucks that you have to dish out money to get this fixed. I would rather spend a little money to get this situation solved and finished once and for all.

That's the plan; Spend $75-100 as good faith and hope to God we were right.

I'm not really worried about my neighbor. He sits in his garage most nights and drinks a half a case of Miller Lite, so he probably wrote that message half in the bag. My wife hasn't handled it well, though, since we found out we are pregnant a few weeks ago and its really upset her that all of our neighbors hate us.

That's the plan; Spend $75-100 as good faith and hope to God we were right.

I'm not really worried about my neighbor. He sits in his garage most nights and drinks a half a case of Miller Lite, so he probably wrote that message half in the bag. My wife hasn't handled it well, though, since we found out we are pregnant a few weeks ago and its really upset her that all of our neighbors hate us.

Pregnancy emotions, just go with the flow :lol:. I doubt all the neighbors hate you guys, I bet there just ready for it to be done.

My wife hasn't handled it well, though, since we found out we are pregnant a few weeks ago and its really upset her that all of our neighbors hate us.

Congrats on the new arrival. Fuck the neighbors. Especially the passive fuckers that post on Facebook. Go knock on their door in person and tell them straight up that you don't do FB but welcome a face to face conversation. If they want to pay for the guys fence to help him out, then welcome that.

The wife made him take down the fence the day after we had our meeting.

Good. So it sounds like the fence is down and he can do like everyone else and go buy his own fucking fence. Especially since he clearly didn't do well with your initial conversation and initiated his own solution without your approval.

You were pretty kind man. I'd have pulled his fence down and had a firm but respectful conversation about the meeting you had initially.

Congrats on the new arrival. Fuck the neighbors. Especially the passive fuckers that post on Facebook. Go knock on their door in person and tell them straight up that you don't do FB but welcome a face to face conversation. If they want to pay for the guys fence to help him out, then welcome that.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ screw the FB bs, I'd tell all those neighbors(his pals) to go eat a bag of dicks. If he wanted a community fence, he should pay half, otherwise he can go fuck himself. Besides, what will those neighbors ever do for you? I can tell you what mine have done to me, but not for me. I've been here for 25 years, some of them have been here longer, but they know where the fuck I stand.

its really upset her that all of our neighbors hate us.

I and a couple others tried to tell you that was going to happen. Not worth the shit storm, stage the house, and sell, no use living there being miserable. Pointless to live around people you don't trust or like. No matter what you say or do, this situation will not go away, people are fake. I've been married 15 years, happy wife, happy life. If she's pregnant this situation is only going to get worse. Good luck man.

I and a couple others tried to tell you that was going to happen. Not worth the shit storm, stage the house, and sell, no use living there being miserable. Pointless to live around people you don't trust or like. No matter what you say or do, this situation will not go away, people are fake. I've been married 15 years, happy wife, happy life. If she's pregnant this situation is only going to get worse. Good luck man.

I should clarify. That's what she thinks. That doesn't mean they do, and if two people hate us, we will survive. I appreciate the concern.