Stranger Things (spoilers inside)

RC K9

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best friends from college works for Shawn Levy (producer/director) and he's been saying for a while that there was a project coming that would blow us all away. I thought what could the guy who did Real Steel possibly do to blow us all away? This. This is what he could do.

I just started watching this the other day and I am 4 episodes in. So far it is pretty cool but it has not grabbed me like other series' I have gotten into. I know it is off topic, but I just finished season 4 of Wentworth (kinda like a darker version of Orange is the new black), that show is really awesome. I will continue watching Stranger things because it does have my attention now.

Just finished the series. Looking forward to Season 2. I'm assuming that it will be a totally different story line - hence the somewhat generic title of "Stranger Things". Think "The Twilight Zone", with different stories but totally mental bends to them that challenge your perception of reality.

It's been enough time. :) Feel free to let the spoilers fly. My thoughts:

- Glad Steve wasn't such a dick, and he actually helped Jonathan and Nancy in the end. I thought for sure he was a dead man when he showed up.

- I do have a tough time understanding why one demogorgon exists in the Upside Down...or are there multiple??? One just happens to feed in a certain area?

- Why did the MIB take Hopper after the hospital, yet he shows up in the end during Christmas? Just to debrief him?

- Did Matthew Modine get wiped out by the demogorgon? I'm assuming when the shooting stopped, it was because the "bad men" with guns were all dead.

- If I was in my pre- to early-teens when this show came out, I would've had a crush on Eleven a'la that princess from the Neverending Story (<<<holy hell I thought she was so beautiful...but I was around 8years old when I saw it on TV).

It's funny how there are so many little questions one might have at the end of watching a series like "Stranger Things", but in a way I appreciate that not every loose string has to be tied to something. I was very entertained, maybe a few things I couldn't reconcile after it was over, but I was content with the finished product.

Looking forward to more from the Duffer Brothers!

EDIT: just Googled and found this good article containing an interview with them. Glad I'm not the only one asking some of these questions: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

- If I was in my pre- to early-teens when this show came out, I would've had a crush on Eleven a'la that princess from the Neverending Story (<<<holy hell I thought she was so beautiful...but I was around 8years old when I saw it on TV).

Yeah dude, I was in love with the princess from Neverending Story when I was a kid.

Also, I just finished that article. Excellent read.

Edited by RC K9

Just finished this last night, we started just watching one then ended up watching the rest of the season and staying up until 3.

some questions were left:

-So does Eleven exists in the upside down? Hopper leaving the food and Eggo's in the food box in the woods suggests she is still alive in some way.

-Assuming Hopper was taken by the "bad men" for a debrief, considering he's still alive maybe they wanted to know why all of their scientist and MP's were dead?

-In my personal opinion I think the blonde scientist/DR makes a comeback in the second season. You never see him eat it, he just kinda disappears.

-So assuming Will is having some lasting affects from being "inseminated" by the demogorgen in the upsides down? coughing up that slug and having flashbacks. Curious as to what that's all about.

Great show, can't wait for season two.

So does Eleven exists in the upside down? Hopper leaving the food and Eggo's in the food box in the woods suggests she is still alive in some way.

The fact that little dropbox in the woods was covered in snow = it's been there for awhile.

The fact that Hopper was putting Eggos and a Tupperware tote of food in an EMPTY bin = it's been filled (and emptied!!!) before? :eek::eek: :lol:

The fact that little dropbox in the woods was covered in snow = it's been there for awhile.

The fact that Hopper was putting Eggos and a Tupperware tote of food in an EMPTY bin = it's been filled (and emptied!!!) before? :eek::eek: :lol:

Exactly, he's putting food in a container that was made and placed out there for a reason. And the container is empty prior to putting food in it. That bitch is alive she's just running away from that creepy Mike kid so she doesn't have to go to his school dance.

BTW, the toothless kid, Dustin, was probably one of the funniest TV kids I've ever seen. kid said some off the wall shit but was hilarious.

BTW, the toothless kid, Dustin, was probably one of the funniest TV kids I've ever seen. kid said some off the wall shit but was hilarious.

Absolutely. I thought all the kids did a good job, but that toothless kid had me cracking up.

Just finished the series. Looking forward to Season 2. I'm assuming that it will be a totally different story line - hence the somewhat generic title of "Stranger Things". Think "The Twilight Zone", with different stories but totally mental bends to them that challenge your perception of reality.

It's been enough time. :) Feel free to let the spoilers fly. My thoughts:

- Glad Steve wasn't such a dick, and he actually helped Jonathan and Nancy in the end. I thought for sure he was a dead man when he showed up.

- I do have a tough time understanding why one demogorgon exists in the Upside Down...or are there multiple??? One just happens to feed in a certain area?

It looked like when they went into the upside down looking for Will that there was some sort of egg that appeared to be hatched that they inspected briefly. Also, one of the monsters was injured while the one at the school appeared to not be (at least right away lol).

- Why did the MIB take Hopper after the hospital, yet he shows up in the end during Christmas? Just to debrief him?

- Did Matthew Modine get wiped out by the demogorgon? I'm assuming when the shooting stopped, it was because the "bad men" with guns were all dead.

It showed him getting jumped on by the monster (assuming you are referring to Eleven's "father", to which it was very quick when it happened).

It's funny how there are so many little questions one might have at the end of watching a series like "Stranger Things", but in a way I appreciate that not every loose string has to be tied to something. I was very entertained, maybe a few things I couldn't reconcile after it was over, but I was content with the finished product.

Looking forward to more from the Duffer Brothers!

EDIT: just Googled and found this good article containing an interview with them. Glad I'm not the only one asking some of these questions: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

Just a couple things I noticed.

Watched and enjoyed it but from what I remember the storyline was done and it they continued it, it would be a new/different story (like how American Horror Story is done.)

Not accurate at all, 11 is still alive, or that's at least hinted at the very end.

This show is awesome. Wynona has to play herself as a cracked out wacko. Her easiest job ever.

I saw Wynona Rider in this show and thought oh great, washed up actress, how great can this be. She fucking nailed it as a crazy but not really crazy person. I'd bet $20 you'll see her in a similar role in a movie in the next 3 years.

I watched the season start to finish today... (took only 20% of my iPad Pro's battery which was shocking) The part that has driven my nuts since I finished it... you're gonna tell me the gov isn't going to give that kid an MRI where they would have detected the worms in him?? Other than that, I really liked it.