Bank

SRTurbo04

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're looking for better customer service IN GENERAL, and you're currently with HNB, good luck with any "larger" bank.

I get that personal experiences trump generalities, but...

I've had Chase, 5/3 and HNB, no contest.

Access to locations, some what reasonable hours. Prefer no atm fees(some do some don't) easy online system with a bill pay feature is nice. One that's not going to jack you around on fees left and right for everything you might need. and good old fashion customer service.

Surprised no one has a positive mention of Chase yet? Checks all of your boxes, ATM's and locations everywhere (in the midwest anyway), website / app have an awesome bill pay system I use for all of my bills.

The only fee I've had was an overdraft fee when my apartment complex took my rent the day of instead of the following day (my fault, should've transferred money PRIOR to giving the rent check), despite it being my fault they still waived the overdraft fee. I've always had good face to face customer service in their branches.

Chase Quickpay is a lifesaver, can't tell you how many times a friend or my GF share costs then we can split it later on via Quickpay. I probably use quickpay a few times a month for various reasons. Even non-chase customers can use quickpay, if your babysitter sets up an account you can quickpay her instead of cash?

That said, they do not offer ATM fee reimbursement, which i didn't even know was a thing. I guess it's not really an issue if you dont travel outside of the midwest a lot. And if I ever need a loan I always start out with Kemba or Telhio first, for me they've usually been better than Chase.

Surprised no one has a positive mention of Chase yet? Checks all of your boxes, ATM's and locations everywhere (in the midwest anyway), website / app have an awesome bill pay system I use for all of my bills.

The only fee I've had was an overdraft fee when my apartment complex took my rent the day of instead of the following day (my fault, should've transferred money PRIOR to giving the rent check), despite it being my fault they still waived the overdraft fee. I've always had good face to face customer service in their branches.

Chase Quickpay is a lifesaver, can't tell you how many times a friend or my GF share costs then we can split it later on via Quickpay. I probably use quickpay a few times a month for various reasons. Even non-chase customers can use quickpay, if your babysitter sets up an account you can quickpay her instead of cash?

That said, they do not offer ATM fee reimbursement, which i didn't even know was a thing. I guess it's not really an issue if you dont travel outside of the midwest a lot. And if I ever need a loan I always start out with Kemba or Telhio first, for me they've usually been better than Chase.

This hits a lot of good points, though CUs are great for loans, I don't think I'd ever use one as my main bank.

One thing I've run into a lot working with people's personal banks (car sales) is that CUs are a GIANT pain in the ass if you want to get things done off work hours. Getting daily withdrawal limits waived/raised, getting an actual human on the phone, getting shit done on a Sunday are all things you can do with a big bank via remote customer support (HNB has been stellar in this regard for me) but Kemba and Telhio as a couple examples are absolute assholes to deal with for anyone but the customer, and even then for the customer it can be a hassle.

One CU that my customers absolutely love and that has an excellent staff in my experience is CME FCU.

This hits a lot of good points, though CUs are great for loans, I don't think I'd ever use one as my main bank.

One thing I've run into a lot working with people's personal banks (car sales) is that CUs are a GIANT pain in the ass if you want to get things done off work hours. Getting daily withdrawal limits waived/raised, getting an actual human on the phone, getting shit done on a Sunday are all things you can do with a big bank via remote customer support (HNB has been stellar in this regard for me) but Kemba and Telhio as a couple examples are absolute assholes to deal with for anyone but the customer, and even then for the customer it can be a hassle.

One CU that my customers absolutely love and that has an excellent staff in my experience is CME FCU.

When I bought my Tacoma I was set to go through Telhio for financing. She gave me "quote" for interest rate but the dealership offered something better (through chase ironically) I went back to Telhio and she said it would be a few hours until she could give me a real answer. I went with chase, a few days later I opened my chase app and my loan was on it, I could see my payment history (up to 12 months anyway), what portion was going toward principal/interest and could make my payment right there, seamless.

When I used a CU in the past it was always during business hours, so maybe that's why I never noticed any complication in customer service.

If you're looking for better customer service IN GENERAL, and you're currently with HNB, good luck with any "larger" bank.

I get that personal experiences trump generalities, but...

I've had Chase, 5/3 and HNB, no contest.

This.

Have banked with US Bank, Nat City then PNC, Chase, 5/3, and a few CU's. Anyone remember Firstar?

I've previously been employed with Nat City/PNC, USB, and HNB.

My experience? Good luck getting better service than HNB.

What was the service issue? Was it just someone told you something you didn't want to hear?

I've been with US Bank for like 12 years now and never had issues. There might be better choices out there now, but I rarely use cash or checks and since it costs me nothing to bank there, I just keep it there. However, I pay most of my bills through my Amex so I get cash back... :yup:

Chase checks all the boxes for me. They have the best mobile experience and offer all kinds of services depending on account type. I get reimbursed for arm fees, free wire transfers, overdraft options (don't use it). Three are many good options, but Chase is it for me. (Used to work there, but not anymore - still a shareholder and customer)

You've probably made up your mind at this point but I'll throw votes in for both us bank and chase. I bank with US my parents and wife with chase, I have cc's with both. They both offer great service, chase has the best hours of anyone I know. Both have Auto bill pay, mobile deposits, atm fee refund, you can do most of the in store banking with their atms now too.

In my opinion you bank with nationals and lend with locals. Last thing you want is to be on vacation and be trying to figure out which credit unions have partnerships with yours.

Huntington has been mentioned multiple times here so their residential side must be good. I deal with their corporate side at work and they are such a PITA, tic tac fees on everything and outdated support and systems.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Just keep a shoe box under your bed filled with cash.. or stuff it in your mattress.

I still work at Chase and over the past few years they have gotten really big on the mobile app. As said above the Chase quickpay is awesome. You could just pay your sitter via that. Doesn't matter if they have Chase or not. Taking a picture of a check from your mom or grandma for your birthday is neat too.

If you ever lose your debit card you can basically walk into any Chase branch and print one off. I got a text on Friday asking me if I used my card at some Pilot in Franklin, oh. for $69. I replied NO. They instantly called me and disabled the card. Went in Saturday and got a new card and number.

I know you used to work for them and probably think the company sucks. yeah it does to work for but the banking is pretty spot on. That and the fact that I actually support the retail branches and all their equipment.

Funny you made this post. We have had 5/3 since my mom opened my account as a kid. We have credit cards and debit accounts there. This year has been horrible for 5/3. Most recent issue is we called them last week to "inform them" of leaving for vacation. Last time they locked our card up. So my wife spent 20 minutes on the phone with them verifying all info even had to answer the question of "where did you open your original account". Well we get to our destination and low and behold our CARDS DO NOT WORK. Can't check into hotel without paying the balance after deposit.

We are definitely looking to transfer banks now.

Do other banks have apps to snap pictures of checks to deposit? Ease of transfer funds?

I used to only use credit unions, but switched to Chase after a divorce. CU's are good for rates and smaller business feel, but I prefer the convenience of locations and phone app for Chase.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just keep a shoe box under your bed filled with cash.. or stuff it in your mattress.

Terrible idea if OP plans on buying a home any time soon. The banks will complain about where the money came from and deny you.

Ask me how i know...

We are definitely looking to transfer banks now.

Do other banks have apps to snap pictures of checks to deposit? Ease of transfer funds?

Chase and US Bank both for sure do, I'd assume all large banks do. Fun fact a buddy of mine invented this technology for Chase.