g35 or g37 coupe school me please

BBQdDude

This line is new to me. In looking I see they have a coupe, sedan, sport and AWD trim levels.

Thoughts on year and model? Issues to look for? Power that can be had? Is there a better year to go with? Better model to go with?

I am thinking sport edition for the performance pieces upgrades.

Or is a G37 Sport Appearance Edition coupe manual a better starting point?

Edited by BBQdDude

Track Package introduces Brembo brakes and Rays Engineering lightweight wheels. That's what I would shoot for.

The coupe is actually built on the same chassis as the sedan, so it's actually legitimately roomy for adults in the backseat.

Awesome VQ37 engine and 6-speed manual? Nissan/Infiniti did a great job with the G35.

isn't it the same as a 350Z-just more plush? Nissan uses few chassis and engines. lots of parity

That was my take but i am new to the line as I have never paid attention to them.

Also researching a 370Z nismo.

I had a fx35 for awhile and although not a G it certainly shared the main components with it so I'll speak only on engine/trans. I have wanted a G for awhile for a daily ESP when I had my IS300. The G is light years better then the IS.

If you are a guy who likes to mod the G is only good for visual mods. So tint, wheels and suspension. Bolt ons are useless and any aftermarket exhaust sounds terrible. You have to be content with the Hp from the start.

Other then that they are awesome drivers. Handle great, just enough power and the factory exhaust sound is pretty great in my opinion.

what kind of power do you make and any mods?

No idea on power. It's as stock as it gets. Plenty of torque though. Played with a 2013+ RS on 270 last weekend and was surprised I kept up. I've been keeping an eye out for a used Stillen kit, but not sure if I'll ever actually bite the bullet. Interior is very nice and comfortable. I fit in it surprisingly comfortable (6'1", 235lbs). Gas mileage is meh; I average ~24mpg.

Depends what you are looking for honestly. One of the most unique exhaust notes of any car on the road, comfortable sporty car, good classy looks.

As for the 350Z/370Z and the G35/G37 yes they are essentially the same car with extra sound deadening and options. If you are looking for more power, there are some very decent bolt on turbo kits that can be quite impressive when properly set up and tuned.

Over the years you have some differences on the motors with cam phasing and such, single intakes and duel intakes, a few other things. Really just depends on what you are looking for out of it. Also the Ohio G/Z/GTR Club is one of the most active and supportive car groups you could ever possibly want to be a part of.

If you can find a 370z nismo for a decent price, they are absolutely fantastic cars. You won't be left wanting for sure, then if you need more power in the future go towards one of the bolt on TT kits that are out there.

I had an 09 G37x sedan. Besides it being boring and under powered the AWD system compared to Audi/Subaru was poor. Not a good choice if you want to mod either, unless you plan on forced induction.

Yep. Infiniti squeezed that thing for about all it was worth without boosting it. For the $$$ I was disappointed.

If you can find a 370z nismo for a decent price, they are absolutely fantastic cars. You won't be left wanting for sure, then if you need more power in the future go towards one of the bolt on TT kits that are out there.

Got one in my sites already turbod with the needed supporting mods. I can't pull the trigure thought until 9/1. I hope it is still up for sale. I think it will be.

Any idea what kit is on it and what mods have been done to ensure it doesn't go boom? The top end on those cars is pretty stout, the heads take a ton of abuse. Unfortunately if you are talking engine rebuild/upgrade time you are looking at some rather serious money to the tune of $6-$10k

Any idea what kit is on it and what mods have been done to ensure it doesn't go boom? The top end on those cars is pretty stout, the heads take a ton of abuse. Unfortunately if you are talking engine rebuild/upgrade time you are looking at some rather serious money to the tune of $6-$10k

Boosted Performance single turbo kit w/ ball bearing upgrade

Dyno @ 503 at wheels

Uprev tuner

Southend Stage 3 daily clutch/flywheel w/ quiet upgrade

Defi boost & oil pressure gauge

AEM wideband gauge

Fast Intentions stainless exhaust

Seller will get me exact part numbers. Boost he said was dialed down to a stable level. Going from memory 8 or 10 psi.

What exactly are you looking for in a car? Have you considered other options outside of a Nissan or Infiniti?

Sure have. Always open to suggestions to research. I am thinking road course and spirited driving.

Sure have. Always open to suggestions to research. I am thinking road course and spirited driving.

I was looking at the 135i's for a while. Those are faster and cheaper to mod believe it or not than the G or Z. You can make a reliable 400whp with an 08-10 135i for about $3-4k.