We want a cool muscle car

Diamonds

Low mileage 'Cuda

I really dig this '74 Olds vert for a cruiser.

Ya don't see a '67 Polara every day.

'69 Olds has always been a fav. Also, at $8K there is room for new paint or anything else.

'72 Duster looks nice.

'40 Gasser is sick. I know it's not a '60's muscle car, but I love these old '40's.

HERE'S the '59 Chevy truck you need.

'70 Olds 98. Clean cruiser.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tacticool Jeep Forward Control (FC150, FC170) with TacPack logos would be bauce.

If we're sticking with muscle cars, Late 60's "GTO" (Tempest/LeMans) or '68-'72 Olds Cutlass is a great body style and only getting better with age.

If TacPack is buying these vehicles, are any logos going to be on them? ;)

I'm definitely on the old 4x4 side, whenever Tactical comes to mind I'm not typically imagining some angry muscle car making tire smoke and going straight. HOWEVER, with that said the '69 Olds Yenner posted earlier.. I could definitely get board with that. Buy it well enough it's got plenty of meat on the bone to make a very very fun ride out of.

that thing with the 2 speed is going to be slower than a elantra

400/455 or no

Hence the suggestion to mod it.

I don't know if Bob is trying to get a complete classic already assembled for prestige, or if this is just gonna be a muscle car for the sake of muscle car and it doesn't really matter if it's all original.

For that price, you could probably drop a big block in it, do a disc brake conversion, and add power steering (if that's not all on there) within budget.

my uncle is selling this 1970 mustang. I saw it in person a couple years ago when he bought it and it looked abnormally clean. it's an automatic with a 302 (not a big deal as it's use is picture eye candy).

he said he wants 14.5K for it. HE says he bought it for 12.5K and put 2K into it.

Thoughts?

14051711_10104572019672954_2023228432778928954_n.jpg?oh=1703f1ed28e3f9dd82e1bddd7276f3da&oe=5810D6FF

I love the look of the 68-70 mustangs.

Convertible is kinda cool for a cruiser too.

my uncle is selling this 1970 mustang. I saw it in person a couple years ago when he bought it and it looked abnormally clean. it's an automatic with a 302 (not a big deal as it's use is picture eye candy).

he said he wants 14.5K for it. HE says he bought it for 12.5K and put 2K into it.

Thoughts?

14051711_10104572019672954_2023228432778928954_n.jpg?oh=1703f1ed28e3f9dd82e1bddd7276f3da&oe=5810D6FF

I love the look of the 68-70 mustangs.

Convertible is kinda cool for a cruiser too.

It's about right for a really clean convertible 69-70 driver price wise. People really want the fastbacks from that era more so than any other model. the 1970 nose is kind of polarizing, I happen to love it but there are some that prefer the 1969 nose more.

here are a couple of other vert's for comparison:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5697006772.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5708867416.html

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/5744424830.html

It's a mustang so there is a decent aftermarket for it and it will make all the right noises. It won't be "fast" but that's secondary to the car's use.

For pictures it can be real versatile too. Dress it up with hood stripes and magnum 500s with white letter tires and a boss 302 chin spoiler and it looks very muscle car. Put some steelies with poverty caps, a shelby padded roll bar, and some surfboards on top and it's a beach cruiser. Cragars, a stinkbug stance, and a tunnel ram and it's period 70's street machine. 18" rims, modern corbeau seats, and it looks like a pro-touring car. For not a lot of money you can probably get some photo-mileage (pun intended) out of it.

I think you should do it.