EPA Cracking Down On Harley and Tuners

wagner

Hardly, but shush, the grown ups are talking.

*exhale*

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1348778638428.gif

Very few people read your babble and the ones that do usually call BS behind your back, but ignorance is indeed bliss. :)

Enjoy typing until your finger tips bleed. No sweat off my ashtabula, you happy happy fella you!

That might be because you've got your head so far up your own ass exhaling as frequently as possible in order to inflate that giant ego of yours that you can't see the light of day, let alone take the advice from someone in the industry that knows more than you (which I know is hard for you to fathom), but that's none of my business. YMMV.

Have a great evening. :)

Yep.

Geeto........Quit writing books....This is a damn automotive forum, not a writing class....Get to the point a bit quicker...and quit trying to sound intelligent....We dont care about that BS here.

In other words.....TL:STFU

Yeah Geeto, we don't need any of your big fancy words here. Quit writing long sentences that make my eyes hurt and stop putting words together with facts, I hate it when you try to get my brain to think something that my gut feelings already told me are wrong.

months ahead of you....wish there was an ignore for when he's quoted too. :D

When it comes to emissions I'm a walking contradiction. I agree that emission standards should be tightened and at the same time I have the cats off my car and truck. Not sure what I should be feeling here. :D I do think the auto makers have done a pretty good job cleaning up cars while at the same time improving power output. Compare a 2016 car to those early emission vehicles from the mid/late 70's. Night and day difference.

When it comes to emissions I'm a walking contradiction. I agree that emission standards should be tightened and at the same time I have the cats off my car and truck. Not sure what I should be feeling here. :D I do think the auto makers have done a pretty good job cleaning up cars while at the same time improving power output. Compare a 2016 car to those early emission vehicles from the mid/late 70's. Night and day difference.

a new n/a 4 cylinder puts out more hp than a sbc 350 with close to triple the mpg.

The only reason the automakers have made the progress they have since 1967 (the first year of emissions controls on cars) is because the EPA was holding their feet to the fire. they did not invest in developing emissions controls out of the kindness of their heart.

And yet, some of their progress is artificial because they have also gotten better at cheating at emissions testing. VW was not the first to get caught by a long shot: GM got nailed back in 1995 for 1991-1995 Cadillac 4.9L v8s where the car turned off emissions controls when the A/C was running. Are the new cars cleaner? sure, how much cleaner? we don't really know because we don't know who is still cheating. Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Cummings, have all be caught for cheating emissions testing in the past.

a new n/a 4 cylinder puts out more hp than a sbc 350 with close to triple the mpg.

right.....pretty incredible really. Like someone else said earlier.....instead of worrying about bike emissions a little focus needs to be put on countries like China to clean their act up. It's just another way we tie our companies hands behind their backs while allowing China and other countries to reap the rewards of not having to comply to the same standards.

months ahead of you....wish there was an ignore for when he's quoted too. :D

When there was E-Check in Dayton, I laughed. My old ford festiva had a gutted cat, smoked like a freight train and yet somehow passed that scam of a test. My wife's NEW escape failed. Tell me how the EPA is helping?

When there was E-Check in Dayton, I laughed. My old ford festiva had a gutted cat, smoked like a freight train and yet somehow passed that scam of a test. My wife's NEW escape failed. Tell me how the EPA is helping?

I'm not so sure they are helping. I don't disagree that it's a good idea to clean up emissions though however it's done. In a perfect world the auto makers would just take it upon themselves to do it and us not need the regulations but that's not the world we live in. Like I say though.....I can't soap box too much as I'm an offender myself. Easy in theory.....harder in practice I guess.

You realize that the "e-check" is a local thing and has nothing to do with the EPA right? EPA is focused on national standards and mostly working on a federal level. They have almost nothing to do with the city of Dayton deciding they want to test for emissions.

You realize that the "e-check" is a local thing and has nothing to do with the EPA right? EPA is focused on national standards and mostly working on a federal level. They have almost nothing to do with the city of Dayton deciding they want to test for emissions.

Echeck was started by the epa, then Dayton asked for proof of it helping and when they didn't provide it Dayton dropped it as a requirement.

The only reason the automakers have made the progress they have since 1967 (the first year of emissions controls on cars) is because the EPA was holding their feet to the fire. they did not invest in developing emissions controls out of the kindness of their heart.

And yet, some of their progress is artificial because they have also gotten better at cheating at emissions testing. VW was not the first to get caught by a long shot: GM got nailed back in 1995 for 1991-1995 Cadillac 4.9L v8s where the car turned off emissions controls when the A/C was running. Are the new cars cleaner? sure, how much cleaner? we don't really know because we don't know who is still cheating. Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Cummings, have all be caught for cheating emissions testing in the past.

Im not sure who cummings is

*exhale*

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1348778638428.gif

Very few people read your babble and the ones that do usually call BS behind your back, but ignorance is indeed bliss. :)

Enjoy typing until your finger tips bleed. No sweat off my ashtabula, you happy happy fella you!

Hello,

I too felt this way but did not want to type about it due to increasing the chance of being the cause of more words... So many words...