Carbon Fiber Repair Places

BIGGU

So as some of you all know I bought a Carbon fiber front lip for my GS. The gentleman I purchased it from didn't have the ability to package it and had the UPS store handle it for him. Lip arrived just wrapped in torn bubble wrap and a fragile sticker one it.... yea like that will work right.

Anyway, UPS is covering the damage but I need to have the carbon fiber lip repaired. biggest issue is cracks lengthwise from being compressed but its not visible. second issue is the gel coating was cracked off in two spots.

29416982665_95f60bb3cd_b.jpg

29382591136_01040d98a4_b.jpg

29416986175_35bc4cb838_b.jpg

I have a friend that can repair it and he tells me it will probably still be visible but I think for UPS to cover it it needs to be shop.

Im also almost considering just having it filled with body filler and painted body color but I feel that may be a waste of money as well.

Replace not repair. Good luck if you try to repair it.

unfortunately the insured value of the lip is half of what it costs to buy new so UPS probably wont go for that. As far as repairing myself, I have a few people I know that work with carbon fiber on the regular however in order to get UPS to pay out for the damages they need a repair shop to do the work.

unfortunately the insured value of the lip is half of what it costs to buy new so UPS probably wont go for that. As far as repairing myself, I have a few people I know that work with carbon fiber on the regular however in order to get UPS to pay out for the damages they need a repair shop to do the work.

Can't you have a repair shop give you the estimate , knowing it will be crazy high submit that to ups and take whatever money they are willing to give you for it