lettuce talk about electric razors

smokin5s

I am in the market for a new razor. I was thinking about giving the electric razor a shot again and get away from straight razors. What does everyone recommend? Last time I used one it caused all sorts or burn and I'd love one that doesn't cause razor burn.

I am a married straight guy with 2 kids and it's not AIDS. seriously wtf?

How long have you been on CR? It's a troll fest, let it pass.

I would just let it grow and keep it neatly trimmed with a beard trimmer unless you grow a lolzy beard. I do not like shaving at all and just trim or have mine trimmed every 2-3 weeks.

Unless your employer or profession requires a clean shave, in that case I have no advice. I haven't completely shaved my face in 5 years.

honestly not well played when you are recently diagnosed with a disease that scares the shit out of you... just saying.. everyone's fighting a battle

No one here is legit making fun of your disease, we're just fucking with you. Lighten up. I'm sure we all hope you are able to recover/manager whatever it is that you've been diagnosed with.

honestly not well played when you are recently diagnosed with a disease that scares the shit out of you... just saying.. everyone's fighting a battle

lyden factor 5?

edit, I do like the other mentioned and have a Whal lithum ion trimmer and just set it on the shortest setting and get it as close as I can with out razoring. . . I have to shave here and there though and super hate shaving, so maybe electric would be nice!

I'm interested in any good results that come of this thread as as well. Currently I've shaved once in 6 years, on my wedding day. I have a Wahl hair trimmer that I use to cut my hair and every few days use it to trim my face. It cuts pretty short but I'd like to have an electric I can use in the shower and cut it smooth.

I had a Gilette Mach 5, and I would change out the razors waaaaay too late because I was cheap. It worked, but then I didn't like having to always get shaving cream, started using Dove soap and the results deteriorated. I bought a Remington foil shaver with sideburn edge thingy for $35 and used it for a year until I *felt* like it wasn't working. Put it back in the linen closet. Went to 2-blade disposable razors for a buck or so for a 5-pack. Marc's had some good ones. Was happy.

Read this thread over the weekend and pulled out the old Remington to recharge. Surprisingly after a year, it held a charge and did a great job shaving off a 4-day beard I grew since middle of last week. I may invest in a better electric shaver now.

Been using Braun foil since high school, 'nuff said ;)

About the only thing to keep in mind is that the blades in an electric wear out just like any other, and require occasional replacement. I could probably get about 16-18 months out of them if I pushed, but it's easier to just take advantage of the moms/dads/grads or back-to-school sales and go yearly.

Are you going for that full-shaved result? Trimming to or close to stubble, so long as you edge it nice seems to work well. Ive been eying just getting one of those Norelco 'One' trimmers...seems like it could work well. Not very pricey either. Im sick of my Wahl beard trimmer...cant get it low and stubbly enough

When I first started shaving my head I had never used a blade type razor. I bought a Braun foil type and really liked it. Was nice and easy to use. Then I tried shaving in the shower with a blade and liked it better. Been using Mach 5s ever since. I am growing to hate shaving though, I would probably go back to the Braun foil type again. I wish I still had that old razor now that I've seen what they are going for on Amazon. I assume as with anything else you get what you pay for. $200 for an electric razor is tough to stomach though.

Sorry to hear about the health problems. Hope it's something that can be sorted out.

honestly, i can't think of a bleeding disorder that would preclude you from using a razor?? even hemophiliacs use razors. good luck. i hate electric razors. i can't remember the last time i was nicked and i have a hairy face, and use a gillete razor with the vibrating heads---so much better than a non-vibrating razor

Here are two other choices that are supposed to be really good that aren't Braun. I had a Braun one saved, I thought, but can't find it, now. I picked the three of them after a bit of research. Again, can't find the Braun link, now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002N5MHLK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=42DGIKJZTPS8&coliid=I1OV1OXZNKAH6F

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QYOTA7A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=42DGIKJZTPS8&coliid=I1I49GZOV53ES7&th=1

It's been awhile since I checked around for some good ones, though. They're might be better choices at this point. Also, keep in mind that like many appliances, the base models are basically the same as the high end minus the extra features; to a certain point. With a bit more research, you can find what's important to you and save a few more bucks. Also, either Panasonic or Philips Norelco has these massive coupons every so often.