Exterior House Painting - cost estimate?

zeitgeist57

Friend of mine is a painter, and also has a love for my 1985 LeBaron. I was chatting with him last night as the car hasn't sold yet, and we both like the idea of giving him a cash+house painting trade for my LeBaron.

Over my 18-year run as an adult, I've experienced every home cost from roofing to interior painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, driveway, etc.....but never exterior house painting. I really have no clue what a good job costs?

House pic will be posted shortly. Brick fascia is only on the front of the house, the rest is stucco. About 2300sqft. Pic is for reference. Paint is peeling from the soffets and fasciaboard where the gutters are mounted. Thanks, CR!

Roughly is $2000 per 1000 square feet give or take material and prep but that will give you a decent idea

That sounds a bit high?

Clay, call Jason Mounts at 614-596-3255 and tell him I sent you. I referred him to a few others on the board and they were very very happy with his results and costs.

-Marc

That sounds a bit high?

Clay, call Jason Mounts at 614-596-3255 and tell him I sent you. I referred him to a few others on the board and they were very very happy with his results and costs.

-Marc

^^^ Jason is a solid guy and did our home for a great deal and did a wonderful job. It was just the trim only but a lot of it and he had several guys help him. He also has done other work in our neighborhood since, all with great results.

It's been a few years but I think we paid about 3k for our house to be painted. There were thee colors between the house, shutters and porch. Depending on who pays for the paint...would determine how much cash to kick in. Good luck.

Marc, FWIW I didn't want to bring a professional out to quote me, as I'm going to use my guy to do the paint job. If I wasn't trading the LeBaron for services, I would still delay getting my house repainted. :lol:

:lol:

Just re-read your post...I totally missed the desire to trade work for the car :)

Good luck!

-Marc