Audi A3 Performance? Chips, Down pipe, Etc

hpfiend

Is APR still the place to go for these cars? I was all set to use them and now searching forums and the FB page, seems a majority HATE APR. Are there really any issues or is it just the Stage-3+ cars? Does everything have to be flashed with a canned tune besides the JB1-4 setups? No way to just go to someone like Brian and have a custom tune done?

Is APR still the place to go for these cars? I was all set to use them and now searching forums and the FB page, seems a majority HATE APR. Are there really any issues or is it just the Stage-3+ cars? Does everything have to be flashed with a canned tune besides the JB1-4 setups? No way to just go to someone like Brian and have a custom tune done?

APR got a lot of hate with their exhausts. I would recommend going with APR for any software. You can go with other manufactures of intakes, downpipes, etc. Personally I really like APR and would go with them if I was going to go stage 3+ on my car (not even available). I'm Stage 1+ and very happy with their products and the shop I use that carries them.

The people who hate on APR are hipster craft beer tools. APR is the way to go for software, IMO. I'd look elsewhere for intakes/exhausts/suspension/brakes, etc (their turbo kits are good though). You pay a huge markup for their hard parts.

I know I will be ditching APR in favor of Motoza. APR is a fantastic off the shelf tune, but Motoza has you send in your logs and they go through a series of revisions to get you to where you want to be. And for a lesser cost.

sounds like what EPL does too. The S4 in my garage awaiting a detail is a Stage II+ like mine but with an EPL tune.

I still vote APR For the mere fact that they have pretty powerful well proven tunes.

• 3 weeks later...