streaming music options ...

HotCarl

What are you guys using?

I don't want to spend more than a few bucks a month but if I'm paying for anything I want to hear whole albums as well (not just singles).

I use to use Songza but they were bought out by google. I think my options would be Google music, Spotify, Apple music, Amazon Prime music... any others?

Thanks guys, I basically want something I can just set while I'm at the gym and not mess with trying to skip songs and ad's. I don't mind paying a couple bucks but I want the ability to listen to whole albums like I said before.

I think someone said amazon prime comes with prime music/radio so that may be worth it.

Amazon Prime

can you download specific song/albums to listen to as well as listen to a "station" of similar music like pandora?

I was leaning amazon prime simply b/c of all of the other benefits that go along with it but what Brian said was a big reason for considering Spotify.

Spotify is free, or a few bucks a year to delete ads and stuff. I tried and liked it, but I use Pandora still because I have all my stations setup and I'm too lazy to start something new.

Fucking pandora. I was cool with the ads when it was just a popup. Then when they went to audible commercials i was annoyed but thought okay, i can deal with 1 ad every 30 minutes or so. then they went to back to back ads plus popups every 4 songs or so. REEEEEEEEE.

$10 a month is too much for their service IMO.

You can make multiple playlists for free. Play full albums, shuffle, etc... for 10 a month you get ad free and can download 3,xxx songs to your phone so you cam listen to them offline. If you use Shazam at all for finding songs you can Shazam a song and have the option to add it to one of your Spotify play lists from Shazam.

Fucking pandora. I was cool with the ads when it was just a popup. Then when they went to audible commercials i was annoyed but thought okay, i can deal with 1 ad every 30 minutes or so. then they went to back to back ads plus popups every 4 songs or so. REEEEEEEEE.

$10 a month is too much for their service IMO.

ya dude, the pandora commercials are killing me lately. At least you can change the station to skip them.

Really like Pandora for the overall quality in it playing what I like and the app works well. I totally fell for the trap, start off free, get sick of commercials, pay small fee, then fee gets bigger, not really worth it now but I'm used to it and it still plays what I like.

Humor me...

Buy Youtube Red above all else. Here is Why...

Youtube Red gives you the following-

1. Advertisement free Youtube

2. Downloading of ANY Youtube Video

3. Advertisement free Youtube "Music" (App for iOS and Android)

4. Background playback on iOS and Android

5. Access to (Very shitty and unwatchable) Youtube exclusive videos.

6. Free Google Music subscription with free downloads of all their music.

Honestly, If you are an Android user this is a no brainer for $9.99 a month. I decided to tack on an extra $1.99 a month for 100GB of google drive space. I dump all my music in the cloud and listen ad-free. =)

Humor me...

Buy Youtube Red above all else. Here is Why...

Youtube Red gives you the following-

1. Advertisement free Youtube

2. Downloading of ANY Youtube Video

3. Advertisement free Youtube "Music" (App for iOS and Android)

4. Background playback on iOS and Android

5. Access to (Very shitty and unwatchable) Youtube exclusive videos.

6. Free Google Music subscription with free downloads of all their music.

Honestly, If you are an Android user this is a no brainer for $9.99 a month. I decided to tack on an extra $1.99 a month for 100GB of google drive space. I dump all my music in the cloud and listen ad-free. =)

Sound quality on YouTube can be horrid, depending on the uploader. Same thing with Youtube Music. Most every track on Spotify is A+.

Some of the remix's can't be found on Spotify. I'll deal with it.

Need to look into free Google music, though.

Sound quality on YouTube can be horrid, depending on the uploader. Same thing with Youtube Music. Most every track on Spotify is A+.

Some of the remix's can't be found on Spotify. I'll deal with it.

Need to look into free Google music, though.

I've heard the same about the sound quality on Youtube, though the only music I listen to on Youtube is classical stuff when i study because I can find tracks that are 1-3 hours long.

For me personally it's between spotify and Amazon, amazon only b/c its amazon prime and there are a lot of other fringe benefits to that. I just got a bluetooth attachment for my truck so streaming music and audiobooks (yeah I'm kind of a nerd about that shit) for longer drives will be a possibility now. I would assume amazon would be the place to go for audiobooks.