Dragway 42 Set To Open In 2017

wagner

Used to drag there back in high school, they have had all sorts of battles getting that project finished VERY excited to see it finally nearing completion. Bit of a haul for Columbus folk but an hour and a half isn't TOO bad for some good surface to go racing on.

It's a 1/4 mile track

I have a feeling it will be a mixture of both 1/8th and 1/4. I asked that but never got an answer along with what days they will run and so on.

Bottom line is that this guy has his heart in the right place and he wants to do right by the racers. This isn't a side project, he will be using the track to make a living so you know he's in in for the long haul.

What I found the most interesting was his talk of big money races and getting heads-up cars at the track.

That and there will be truck pulls and concerts there too.

I think this was like one of the last Events CR did there and maybe the last time they were open before closing....I had fun since they still let me run down the semi damp track since it was starting to rain/Snow. Cant wait to see what all the work was for, should be a good track for sure.

Back to having 4 1/4 mile tracks in my back yard. 42 was always the most "fun" TnT. Cant wait!

I do think he was absolutely insane for completely revamping the track, and dumping so much money into it. He is all but guaranteed never to recover that investment, at least not into the next 10-15 years.

Back to having 4 1/4 mile tracks in my back yard. 42 was always the most "fun" TnT. Cant wait!

I do think he was absolutely insane for completely revamping the track, and dumping so much money into it. He is all but guaranteed never to recover that investment, at least not into the next 10-15 years.

The TNT days at 42 with the 100MPH club were some good times.

I think he fell on his head dumping all that money into the track, but it should be good news for me :)

All it takes to recoup that money is to Double down and bring in BIG NT/No prep races...you get the sponsors, and have the facility....Itll make its money back.

Big "IF's" though.....Hard to get things like this off the ground these days, but its definately the most popular big money racing.

The TNT days at 42 with the 100MPH club were some good times.

I think he fell on his head dumping all that money into the track, but it should be good news for me :)

Right...

And right! I sold my last car with that sticker, and I tried like hell to peel it from the window to keep it. :mad:

There definitely seems to be a resurgence in the racing scene hopefully with so nice of a facility nearby he'll pull some solid crowds. It's certainly a completely different world from when I was racing there in high school in the mid 90s!

Whats the 100MPH Club BTW...Has to be a really old achievement.....Since a prius will break 100 in the 1/4 these days.

Common'. Give 100+mph traps more credit than that! Those turds trap in the 70's

http://autotk.com/0-60-times/toyota/prius/

100MPH club was just that. If you had a real street car on street tires and trapped over 100mph, you got a sticker and spot on the leader board for the year. I think the highest traps got trophies nightly, and at the end of the year.