Big possible change to CCW law.

SpaceGhost

I hope to god this gains traction and sticks. Ive always felt uneasy at cscc. Dudes at night are always huddled up in a group in some dark corner mumbling in a language.

As opposed to mumbling without using language?

Also, as for daycares, i'm glad they don't allow CCW there, because if someone wanted to shoot up a a bunch of kids, not being allowed to carry a gun in there would certainly deter said maniac with a gun.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel it is updated and reads that there really is not a difference with what Jones posted.

i understand the law but still asking the same question. what is so different about a college campus than anywhere else where carry is legal?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking. Maybe you didn't see this part of my post. College campus is addressed in the CHL guidelines from the AT's office for where you can not carry. "Anywhere else" is pretty vague and falls under, not being a place you can not carry and doing what you should be while carrying. Unless of course, it is a different place on the do not carry list.

As opposed to mumbling without using language?

Also, as for daycares, i'm glad they don't allow CCW there, because if someone wanted to shoot up a a bunch of kids, not being allowed to carry a gun in there would certainly deter said maniac with a gun.

Are you joking because a maniac who wants to shoot up a bunch of children could care less about being able to carry concealed at a daycare

Are you joking because a maniac who wants to shoot up a bunch of children could care less about being able to carry concealed at a daycare

Sarcasm escapes you.

And I am guessing you mean't "couldn't" care less. As in, cares so little that one couldn't possibly care any less.

• 4 weeks later...

This came out today. The last one is a pretty big deal.

The changes and improvements made to Ohio law for gun owners include the following:

Prohibit a business entity, property owner, or public or private employer from banning a person who has been issued a valid CHL from transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition when the items are locked in a person's privately-owned motor vehicle on company property.

Allow CHL-holders to keep their handgun locked in a motor vehicle on school premises.

Allow colleges and government bodies to decide for themselves if concealed-carry should be allowed.

Allow CHL-holders to carry on private aircraft, in the non-secure area of airports and in day-care centers (unless the day care posts a "no-guns" sign).

Allow active military members who have the same or greater training than that required to obtain a concealed handgun license (CHL) to carry a concealed firearm as a license-holder to carry without a license.

Allows the sale of firearms to active duty military members without regard to their age. Current law prohibits those under 21 from purchasing a handgun.

will take effect on March 21, 2017.

Edited by Mojoe

This came out today. The last one is a pretty big deal.

The changes and improvements made to Ohio law for gun owners include the following:

Prohibit a business entity, property owner, or public or private employer from banning a person who has been issued a valid CHL from transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition when the items are locked in a person's privately-owned motor vehicle on company property.

Allow CHL-holders to keep their handgun locked in a motor vehicle on school premises.

Allow colleges and government bodies to decide for themselves if concealed-carry should be allowed.

Allow CHL-holders to carry on private aircraft, in the non-secure area of airports and in day-care centers (unless the day care posts a "no-guns" sign).

Allow active military members who have the same or greater training than that required to obtain a concealed handgun license (CHL) to carry a concealed firearm as a license-holder to carry without a license.

Allows the sale of firearms to active duty military members without regard to their age. Current law prohibits those under 21 from purchasing a handgun.

will take effect on March 21, 2017.

Yeah as you can see in the e-mail I posted we were told we can carry to and from school, and it is to be stored in the glovebox or trunk. That is quite a bit better, as before if public safety found any gun in my car, I would be prosecuted and fired. That made impossible to carry on weekdays.