Where to sell metal scrap?

BBQdDude

It's so down in the dumps right now, it almost doesn't matter. We have been giving away all our scrap because it's just not worth it for us anymore.

We use Research Alloys, but I've heard there is a place in Newark still giving very good money for cats. Can't think of the name at this point.

I've always been a fan of Ace Iron and Metal. Not sure it's the best, but it's quick and easy.

Been using these guys at the office for over six years now, and yeah, quick and easy is a very good description for every trip I've taken down there.

We use Research Alloys, but I've heard there is a place in Newark still giving very good money for cats. Can't think of the name at this point.

If you remember please PM me as I live over by Heath.

<Edit>Seems Crispin Iron & Metal is the only one of the three that will take it. Wouldn't give a price over the phone</edit>

It's so down in the dumps right now, it almost doesn't matter. We have been giving away all our scrap because it's just not worth it for us anymore.

I'll be happy to pick stuff up evenings. Just shoot me a text. :)

I admit I use RA only because it's an easy, non-highway (if I'm overloaded ;)) spot next to Upper Arlington. Not sure if it's "the best" but to Sean's point I'm not driving all over Columbus to get $0.02/ton more for irony metal when I also know scrap price is in the sh!tter.

Dump screen doors, parking lot light fixtures, old appliances for friends, get cash, buy liters of dunkelbier across the street at HB for free.

I'll be happy to pick stuff up evenings. Just shoot me a text. :)

I admit I use RA only because it's an easy, non-highway (if I'm overloaded ;)) spot next to Upper Arlington. Not sure if it's "the best" but to Sean's point I'm not driving all over Columbus to get $0.02/ton more for irony metal when I also know scrap price is in the sh!tter.

Dump screen doors, parking lot light fixtures, old appliances for friends, get cash, buy liters of dunkelbier across the street at HB for free.

Last time I hauled metal I took almost 5200# in 2 trips and netted like $250......NO THANKS haha. Maybe we can set something up like once every other week or so.

Whoever wants scrap (Clay?) come to my house. I have a bunch of sheet metal skeletons from my plasma table. They are cut into ~4'x4' sections.

Nick, PM me your cell and addy and I'll reach out to you. I've got some Christmas trees/yard waste to drop off, but I'll haul it away for you. :thumbup:

Last time I hauled metal I took almost 5200# in 2 trips and netted like $250......NO THANKS haha. Maybe we can set something up like once every other week or so.

Sean, you've got my contact info.

I'm not saying I'm trying to get rich, but if I can help someone, I don't turn away $20-50 cash jobs when I have flexibility with time.