Political Thread Of Fail And AIDS (Geeto ahead!)

BStowers023

So...

Far right = bad

Far left = not that bad

Got it. No way you're being biased so I'll just take your word for it ;)

No.... collaborative = good, uncooperative = bad. Right now that is the small group of people inside the Republican Party who are enabling trump and have the reigns (Ryan, McConnell, et al.) They are not the moderate republicans and they don't represent America. You want to save the Republican Party, it starts with those assholes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take nothing on Twitter seriously. I also take nothing on CNN seriously. I thought it was funny as hell. However, it is far below the station of the POTUS to do such a thing.

Well said. However, I really no longer use the same POTUS standards anymore since it's Trump.

Some-days I really worry about people....

http://gizmodo.com/trump-supporters-cry-bias-after-npr-tweets-the-declarat-1796633566

The Declaration of Independence is one of the most cherished documents in the United States. We even make movies about it like it’s the Ark of the Covenant. But some Trump supporters were a bit confused yesterday, and saw phrases like “unworthy the Head of a civilized nation” as biased. They assumed that NPR was blasting the current president rather than King George in 1776.

NPR has been reading the Declaration of Independence on air in a tradition that dates back 29 years. And in fairness, the Declaration of Independence is a pretty anti-authoritarian document. So it makes sense that people might believe that it’s a statement against all tyrants.

I get that this is unhelpful and just stirring up partisan shit by pointing out the flaws of the ignorant only on one side of the fence (because ignorance does exist on both sides) but I'm bored and this made me laugh a little, esp the comments section at the end.

The bro that created the original Trump/CNN GIF has issued an apology letter.

you know, I never really understood that whole meme/gif. All someone did is post the CNN logo over Vince McMahon's face. It isn't like our current president didn't once appear as a heel (or himself) on WWE. It's actually kind of fitting.

Literally nobody got the irony that because it was an original WWE clip, much like everything else in the the current president's life even his violence is fake. :p

you done effed up when the guy who created the meme calls your judgement into question for re-tweeting it:

"HanA**holeSolo" said about the President's tweet, "I think they should have used their better judgment, since the President tweets things off the cuff, it's a kneejerk reaction. I don't feel that they should have posted something like that given the controversy going on between them and the media."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html

you know, I never really understood that whole meme/gif. All someone did is post the CNN logo over Vince McMahon's face. It isn't like our current president didn't once appear as a heel (or himself) on WWE. It's actually kind of fitting.

Literally nobody got the irony that because it was an original WWE clip, much like everything else in the the current president's life even his violence is fake. [emoji14]

you done effed up when the guy who created the meme calls your judgement into question for re-tweeting it:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html

Part of his apology is also over the other stuff he has posted to Reddit, like pictures of all CNN reporters and calling out Jewish ones by putting a star of David next to them. The threats to reporters lives after Trump posted that GIF is sickening.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Part of his apology is also over the other stuff he has posted to Reddit, like pictures of all CNN reporters and calling out Jewish ones by putting a star of David next to them. The threats to reporters lives after Trump posted that GIF is sickening.

Well that is all pretty despicable, but to be expected I guess. People love being worked up into a frothy foam even if it is a racist one in undertone.

CNN is a joke

So what "media" is not a joke to you? seriously - besides facebook, where do you get your actual news?

I'm not defending CNN here, they are big boys and girls and can look after themselves, but all I ever hear about "liberal media" is how bad CNN is. So what's good? where does the conservative person who doesn't trust any mainstream reporting get their information?

So what "media" is not a joke to you? seriously - besides facebook, where do you get your actual news?

I'm not defending CNN here, they are big boys and girls and can look after themselves, but all I ever hear about "liberal media" is how bad CNN is. So what's good? where does the conservative person who doesn't trust any mainstream reporting get their information?

What kind of information am I looking for?

What kind of information am I looking for?

I guess it was too much to ask generally "where do you get your news from"?

but if I must narrow it down: what sources do you rely on to stay informed of the political environment, and how do they not suck as compared to CNN?

what makes you think a news source is trustworthy? And whom do you regularly read and trust?

If CNN sucks, what doesn't "suck"? and how do you know it doesn't suck?

Typically I'll type in whatever I'm looking for on Google and read from a few various sources and then decide where I stand. CNN is a joke not because they're any different from other news sources, more because they went from an actual credible news source to completely fraudulent simply because the Presidential Candidate they wanted didn't win and tried to hide it and now have been exposed and are trying to blame Trump for their fuck up by posting articles about a guy that created a GIF and how sorry he is and how it's Trumps fault. Joke.

So what's good? where does the conservative person who doesn't trust any mainstream reporting get their information?

- NPR

- Bloomberg

- WSJ

- Drudge Report (which pushes a right-wing agenda, but does source some decent news outlets for some of their stories).

I think a responsible citizen has to get their news from multiple sources - which people cannot complain about since most of it is either free or quickly accessible for cheap on the internet.

Typically I'll type in whatever I'm looking for on Google and read from a few various sources and then decide where I stand. CNN is a joke not because they're any different from other news sources, more because they went from an actual credible news source to completely fraudulent simply because the Presidential Candidate they wanted didn't win and tried to hide it and now have been exposed and are trying to blame Trump for their fuck up by posting articles about a guy that created a GIF and how sorry he is and how it's Trumps fault. Joke.

ok...so you are assuming that buy consuming from several different sources you are bound to get at least one that is credible? what if you don't? how do you know? Also how do you find out about the thing you google for? or do you just google "trump" and see what's trending and go from there?

ok...so you are assuming that buy consuming from several different sources you are bound to get at least one that is credible? what if you don't? how do you know? Also how do you find out about the thing you google for? or do you just google "trump" and see what's trending and go from there?

Maybe you can help me, where do you get your news?

Maybe you can help me, where do you get your news?

Part of my Job involves reading a lot of government issued bulletins on specific financial market issues, so a good amount of my time is researching stuff related to that and the various rabbit holes I fall down while doing that.

However, I do have a running list of sources I tend to trust better than anybody and a few that I read regularly.

Sources I consume regularly and for the most part trust:

- NYTimes

- WSJ

- NPR

- BBC

- The Atlantic

- The Economist

- Kipplingers

- Bloomberg

- Forbes

- Politico

- ontheissues.org (when I am working with a particular political district and I need a starting place to see what the environment is and can look up the sitting politicians there and then research more).

Sources I consume regularly and distrust or understand that it is opinion or has bias:

- Fox news (via website)

- Anything political Jalopnik cross posts

- the New Yorker (although unlike the others here I respect)

- Any Paper's editorial section

- The National Review Online

I tend to look at sources and how they handle and enforce the Society of Professional Journalists Code of ethics:

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

I don't consume CNN regularly because I don't have cable, so my exposure is limited to what I find on the web and the TV in the cafeteria at work. I tend to take them on a case by case basis because even despite the recent scandal it doesn't invalidate everything they do and overall they still have more credibility than other sources like Fox News, Drudge, Brietbart, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, or The Blaze (all of whom top polls for most trusted sites among conservatives).

This is just the stuff I read parts of regularly to tell me what's going on, not connected to issues that I am researching, those are different (Snopes, Debunking Denialism, etc). I wholeheartedly agree with Clay that a responsible citizen has to read multiple sources and will go one further and say they have to seek out multiple viewpoints as well, not just those with whom they align. The problem I run into is that when it comes to conservative based news sources, there is a real credibility problem among the more popular sources (more people listen to Rush than read The National Review) and it makes it hard to get a well rounded viewpoint.

In my mind slamming CNN is just noise. There are tons of other news sources, read or watch something else. Big fucking deal that the cable news network produces a lot of infotainment - it's a distraction from the "fake news", or rather "the highly biased news" problem that permeates conservative news consumption.

so here is an analogy as to why I asked this question:

Let's assume CNN is Mcdonalds, and you are bitching about McDonalds because of the taste wile at the same time eating wendy's, taco bell, Arby's, and out of that dumpster behind the local chinese restaurant on the day they throw out the old ingredients, it doesn't have the same impact as being a healthfood nut that ignores CNN I mean McDonalds because it's just flat out unhealthy for you. Feel me?

CNN may suck but if your other sources aren't any more credible and the reason is because don't like that it doesn't confirm your bias, that's not really "sucking".

What I want to know is - If I want a credible, trustworty, conservative news opinion, where do I get that? or do I already have that and that is just all there is?

Edited by Geeto67