Political Thread Of Fail And AIDS (Geeto ahead!)

BStowers023

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, only pussies bitch online about how they feel about politics. The biggest pussies actually get off their asses and go out and exercise their rights to actually make a difference.

Pretty sure USA Today is fake news anyway.

*Insert epic eye roll*

Yeah, only pussies bitch online about how they feel about politics. The biggest pussies actually get off their asses and go out and exercise their rights to actually make a difference.

*Insert epic eye roll*

Other than protesting makes absolutely no difference at all. President Trump isn't going to just say "OK, you win, I'm not going to be the president anymore."

*Insert epic eye roll*

I'm assuming this was directed at me even though you didn't quote me. So what do I need to get off my ass and go do? If we started letting refugees in by the ship load or expanded the welfare system then I might go protest.

Other than protesting makes absolutely no difference at all. President Trump isn't going to just say "OK, you win, I'm not going to be the president anymore."

I don't think anyone is expecting that to happen. But you're telling me that protesting has never changed the course of history? I think the former inhabitants of Versailles might see it differently. I also don't see the Union Jack flying over the white house. Perhaps something less violent...Civil Rights Act of 1964?

I'm assuming this was directed at me even though you didn't quote me. So what do I need to get off my ass and go do? If we started letting refugees in by the ship load or expanded the welfare system then I might go protest.

I'm not telling you to do anything. I was just pointing out the irony of people whining online about people whining online. Also, people whining about protesters and then saying they'll go protest.

I don't think anyone is expecting that to happen. But you're telling me that protesting has never changed the course of history? I think the former inhabitants of Versailles might see it differently. I also don't see the Union Jack flying over the white house. Perhaps something less violent...Civil Rights Act of 1964?

I'm not telling you to do anything. I was just pointing out the irony of people whining online about people whining online. Also, people whining about protesters and then saying they'll go protest.

So kinda like you whining about people online who are whining about people online? Oh the irony... :dumb:

"Not My President" protests all over the country today on Presidents Day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/20/not-my-presidents-day-rallies/98151790/

This is ridiculous. Cry babies gon' cry I guess.

Trump’s first month of travel expenses cost taxpayers just less than what Obama spent in a year

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-first-month-travel-expenses-11-million-a1feb6cd829b#.obmmpnz6r

l36tols1, please do not take this as a dig at you but I would rather deal with that than then a democratic party that has utterly failed the inner cities and black america for 50 years while promoting it's everyone fault but ours. I'm not saying I am a Republican, but I would rather vote for a shoe box than anything that follows the current democratic approaches.

l36tols1, please do not take this as a dig at you but I would rather deal with that than then a democratic party that has utterly failed the inner cities and black america for 50 years

based on what?

50 years is 1967. The Democratic Party didn't really fully embrace the civil rights movement until well into the Nixon administration (it had partially embraced it with Kennedy in 1960, but it wasn't fully committed). In that time the US has had 5 REPUBLICAN presidents (Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II), vs 3 democratic presidents (Carter, Clinton, Obama). In those years the Democrats have controlled senate 12 terms out of 25 total terms (and in some cases only had the majority by 1 or 2 seats). So you can't say the Democrats have been in power the majority of the last 50 years in a political system where Republicans make great fanfare out of dismantling democratic programs. Tell me again how the underdog isn't doing enough to win the day. Considering that they have had to work against presidents who thought mental illness was a form of communism and that a war should be waged on that same group you claim the democrats failed using covert government operatives and the illegal sale of narcotics, the democrats are doing an ok job.

while promoting it's everyone fault but ours. I'm not saying I am a Republican, but I would rather vote for a shoe box than anything that follows the current democratic approaches.

I think you are confusing mainstream democratic politicians with a stereotype of liberals. Most policy making (prior to this administration) is based on facts and research, to steer toward an educated guess as to what will influence the behavior away from what the facts show as the root cause. Don't confuse the two, there are plenty of conservative democrats and some socially liberal republicans (though the party drives more and more out each day).

vote for whomever you like. you currently have a president who is less benign than a shoebox so...good job.

Trump’s first month of travel expenses cost taxpayers just less than what Obama spent in a year

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-first-month-travel-expenses-11-million-a1feb6cd829b#.obmmpnz6r

I assume if you post this you checked to see what Obama spent last year. So, I'm having a hard time seeing where Trump spent 1.4 billion in 30 days. Can anyone help?

I assume if you post this you checked to see what Obama spent last year. So, I'm having a hard time seeing where Trump spent 1.4 billion in 30 days. Can anyone help?

These are all projections, mostly by the washington post.

They used an October report to calculate average single trip expenses, then they used those numbers to estimate what 3 trips to Mar-a-Lago cost, as well as the NYC security detail, and two international trips his sons took and used secret service protection and came out at $11.4 million in 30 days. We won't know the true money spent until the budget reports come out which won't be for some time.

Obama (Supposedly) spent $97 million total in security and travel expenses for his 8 years (roughly $12 Million a year). I say supposedly because Judicial Watch, a conservative action group, is the source of that number and it is not independent or bi-partisan.

I don't expect any trump supporters to get upset about his spending on travel, or his vacation time or that his kids get to use secret service even though they are conducting private business overseas. Even I am not that outraged over it, although to be fair - for most presidents the "winter white house" was just the fucking white house or Camp David and not a golf course they owned.

What I hope people of both sides will get outraged about is the projected $1.5 million per hotel per year of tax payer money that trump's businesses will put in their pocket renting space out to the authorities for any place they require a security detail. I am not saying the government shouldn't pay for services they receive, but since he hasn't divested control of his companies and gets to decide he can travel anywhere he wants, it is just a "legal" way for a government employee to skim from tax pool. It gets worse when you consider that some of his properties (like the one in Mar-A-Lago) have doubled their fees.

I would hope trump supporters who complained about corrupt democrats would realize this is what actual corruption looks like. I know they wont because media is the enemy or some shit or they took our jobs, but still - all he has to do is separate his business interests from his political ones or just choose to stay at places he doesn't own, but he doesn't to either and he visits his own properties frequently.

Do secret service agents make $50,000/hour? Where does the government come up with these figures?

From their HR departments like the rest of the world.

I get that you are trolling by being overly simplistic about it but come on man, put some thought into it. Federal manpower is only part of the security costs, there is also space rental, lodging, business interruption, fuel costs, local law enforcement costs (often at Time and a half), supplies, etc...it adds up. Air Force 1 costs $180,000 per operational hour (a commercial 747 is $27,000 per hour in the air) due to the manpower and supplies.

High vacation costs are just naturally associated with Republican Presidents, with W, Reagan, and Nixon being the worst offenders in recent history (Carter took the least number of vacations). Again, not really a thing to be stressing about. However, in every single instance until now the president was at a private residence they owned or a private resort club that they did not. I don't think there has been any other time when the president has vacationed at a resort or a hotel they own and the government has to pay for it and for using it's services for the accompanying security detail.

The closest analogy I can think of is the president charging the government for food and lodging his detail at his private residence.

My comment went right over your head. I was more pointing out that the Govt creates their own costs to justify taxing us at an outrageous percentage (my opinion).

If that was the point of your comment then it was a satellite in orbit.

And also that's bullshit.

So you trust everything the govt tells you? K

I'm sure Fox News used gov't supplied data to rake Obama over the coals for his expenses. Everyone trusts gov't data when its politically convenient.

Like Geeto, I don't give a shit what Trump's travel costs or how much time he takes off. Presidential expenses aren't much in the grand scheme of things, and I don't want my president sweating over nickels and dimes when they have a goddamn administration to run.

On the other hand, I watch enough Fox News to know that the conservative media was never hesitant to use Obama's vacation time, or his golfing, or the cost of his Hawaiian vacation as fuel for recreational outrage. And Trump himself has literally dozens of tweets complaining about the exact same shit he's doing.

And even then, I don't care about the hypocrisy coming from Trump or Fox News, because I'm completely jaded to it by this point. But that doesn't mean it should go un-pointed-out. I don't know you, or any of the other posters, well enough to know if you're the type who would watch those silly segments on Fox about Obama playing golf and have some reflexive reaction like, "Typical dipshit Obama." If you are that type of person, then just as a matter of personal reflection, ask yourself why you're so quick to get annoyed at Obama doing thing X and not annoyed at Trump for also doing thing X. Ask yourself if you actually have a principled position on thing X, or if you're just succumbing to human weakness for confirmation bias. And if so, work on not doing that and encouraging others not to as well.

I'm sure Fox News used gov't supplied data to rake Obama over the coals for his expenses. Everyone trusts gov't data when its politically convenient.

Like Geeto, I don't give a shit what Trump's travel costs or how much time he takes off. Presidential expenses aren't much in the grand scheme of things, and I don't want my president sweating over nickels and dimes when they have a goddamn administration to run.

On the other hand, I watch enough Fox News to know that the conservative media was never hesitant to use Obama's vacation time, or his golfing, or the cost of his Hawaiian vacation as fuel for recreational outrage. And Trump himself has literally dozens of tweets complaining about the exact same shit he's doing.

And even then, I don't care about the hypocrisy coming from Trump or Fox News, because I'm completely jaded to it by this point. But that doesn't mean it should go un-pointed-out. I don't know you, or any of the other posters, well enough to know if you're the type who would watch those silly segments on Fox about Obama playing golf and have some reflexive reaction like, "Typical dipshit Obama." If you are that type of person, then just as a matter of personal reflection, ask yourself why you're so quick to get annoyed at Obama doing thing X and not annoyed at Trump for also doing thing X. Ask yourself if you actually have a principled position on thing X, or if you're just succumbing to human weakness for confirmation bias. And if so, work on not doing that and encouraging others not to as well.

Well said.

I'm not a Trump supporter lol