Political Thread Of Fail And AIDS (Geeto ahead!)

BStowers023

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that ship has sailed my friend, whether you like it or not you are arguing. Idiots worry about being right or wrong, intelligent people are more concerned with how supportable their position is and in the areas where there is room of interpretation is it consistent with their integrity and values. You should invest more time in developing your case and supporting your position because right now your argument that "Obama was worse" and wasn't held accountable is weak as wet toilet paper. but keep trying buddy, you'll get there.

Impressing you or proving my point to you is lower on my list than volunteering to work at a sewer treatment plant.

Impressing you or proving my point to you is lower on my list than volunteering to work at a sewer treatment plant.

Then why say anything at all?

Again, it isn't about the people. If the some total of your moral compass is dependent on your superiority to others then its not much of a compass.

I don't care who you want to not impress or why, but it matters if you can make a point that isn't based on speculative fiction and unreasonable leaps of logic. right now your point is one of false equivalence that limited transparency of all media is somehow worse than the leader of the free world suppressing the media that is critical of him in order exercise a populist control over the press.

if you are going to put your opinion out there it is subject to scrutiny. In this case I think you just want to root for your team and since Obama isn't on your team you have no problem ignoring facts or political theory in order to just say something you can't back up. I think that sewage treatment plant you don't want to volunteer at wants your opinion back so it can process it.

Wow, that is both factually inaccurate and amazingly racist.

For fucks sake, can you people go 3 minutes without calling someone a racist? It's fucking hyperbole from 4chan that I didn't author. I'm not going to get in a goddamn argument with anyone because it's the internet and I work for a living.

Is this a serious question? I hope not. Facebook doesn't have a news staff or write any articles, it's just a place to share.

That is actually not completely accurate. Facebook does employ "news currators" that filter through news and promote certain articles. There was a question of ethics when people complained that Facebook is either a generator of news or a sharing space not both.

Ultimately Facebook is a private company and can do whatever the hell they want (within reason of course) but next time you see the "whats trending" articles on Facebook you'll know where they came from.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/281837

I see you are buying into his brainwashing. You are doing exactly what he wants. Discredit the media so he cam do no wrong.

The media does as much good as bad now days. Most sources just go for ratings now so they will stir shit up knowing it will negatively effect society just to get more views.

The media does as much good as bad now days. Most sources just go for ratings now so they will stir shit up knowing it will negatively effect society just to get more views.

I partially agree. Shit online media will do that, but the prevalence of that has allowed Trump to attack ALL media and get people to yell "it's ALL fake" when that just isn't true.

I partially agree. Shit online media will do that, but the prevalence of that has allowed Trump to attack ALL media and get people to yell "it's ALL fake" when that just isn't true.

Yeah, the problem is how he has attacked all media, and how he is hand picking who can attend his speeches and such. Not a good look.

But I do agree- they are out for ratings and stir an unnecessary amount of shit up.

Damn this is like a bad season of House of Cards lol.

Trump just needs to stop being so extreme. He's acting out as if he's a normal member of society. While I agree with a lot of what he's doing on a personal level, I acknowledge that he shouldn't be acting out like he is as the President of the United States. I hate being politically correct or at least what that has become, but as the President you no longer just represent yourself and you need to act accordingly.

Everyone that supported Trump as the "anti-establishment" candidate saw him take on the media and they fed off the fervor. Now, Trump actually has the power and influence to make changes as he sees fit - it's no surprise he's painting all media with the same fecal paintbrush.

I do empathize with the majority of journalists that work hard, and sacrifice their own lives and reputations, to expose the truth domestic and abroad. I saw that diagram earlier and I too scoff at CNN being middle-of-the-ground (if Fox News is to the right) but moreover think of the BBC, NPR, Economist, Bloomberg sources I use every day of my life and appreciate the coverage from a global perspective that far too many Americans are sorely lacking in their daily news feed.

He needs to get rid of that stringy-haired idiot. She's looks straight out of the trailer park.

My favorite comment on Reddit is that she is the personification of a box of wine.

My favorite comment on Reddit is that she is the personification of a box of wine.

LOL that is hilarious.

Although a jug of Carlo Rossi would be equally appropriate because you can find it at a gas station for under $20, makes you more stupid when you consume it, and then afterwards makes you vomit and seriously wonder about your healthcare coverage.