Sketchiest lift setup?

zeitgeist57

Still the ever-loving cheapass that I am, I stumbled on these third-world beauties on Amazon, while searching for ramps, lifts...anything to get a car up off the ground over 8"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY160UD?psc=1

71O31ucQc8L._SL1500_s.jpg

Anyone ever see something like this? I'm fascinated by how beefy yet sketchy this setup is for less than $350 shipped!

That looks just fine IF there is something or you could tie the two ramps together so they stay parallel and solid. Just doesnt look to have enough stability width-wise since you are lifting the 'sprung' bouncy car.

Bottle jack / jack stands rock. I have a couple Ive used for many years Love them. Only difference with those is you cant take the tires off.

That doesn't look completely terrible to me. The flats where the tires sit are dished with an edge all the way around to keep the tires from sliding or rolling off. With the other end of the car chocked I think that would be reasonably secure. Having the bottle jacks attached to the bottoms of the ramps gives them a pretty decent footprint, at least as wide as a jack stand. Then the pins to keep the bottle jacks from collapsing make it look okay to me.

I cant see if there is a horizontal brace toward the tops of the bottle jack. My concern would be sideways motion could cause the jacks to tip side to side. If there was a brace to keep the jacks from moving...

It would be more appealing to me if the ramp portion of assembly detached to get them out of the way once the car is lifted.

I'd still probably use jack stands before I crawled under the car though.