Dad sold his Corvette for an SRT

Versluis

So some of you may know his Corvette from Cars and Coffee and his others from the past couple years that we have been attending. He has had a Corvette since 2009 going from a z51 c6, 11' Grand Sport, 13' 427 and his most recent the Stingray. This summer he picked up a Porsche from Cali and he just didn't drive the Corvette as much. With that and the values of the C7's dropping from the flooded market he said it was time to go. He traded in the Stingray and my moms Cherokee Summit for a 2017 Jeep SRT.

It's weird not having a Corvette in the family. My father and I have had a lot of fun trips to the museum/factory and doing car shows together. This will give him something fun to drive when the Porsche is tucked away for snowy winter months (haven't had much really).

I got to drive it home today and the SRT is amazing. I have never driven an SUV equipped like this and I immediately fell in love.

f14ea8e6a908fce3df35dd5a0eb0141d.jpg

521f2a6785b3ee64034d6b9a4e0fac52.jpgff273a765b542042bcc4272986861587.jpg

3de0cee02f315fb34aaf1070f878abef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Mom driving the SRT and your dad drives the Porsche?

Once kids GTFO I'll get my wife whatever fun SUV or whatever she wants.

Dad has a company car and mom will daily the SRT. The Porsche will be his "fun" car when there is no salt on the roads.

Nice. hell, they are all nice!

What did they give him trade-in on the vette vs. what he paid? Always seem like the 2-3 year trade in is the deepest bath you can take, but its the most often time new car people look for new cars?!

I will have to check with him. Pretty sure it was sub $50k and it had 8k miles. It was a

15 non z51.

The problem is there are way too many of them out there and they have had really good incentives. Z06's marked way down and same with the Stingrays. Why buy used when you can get a new one for such a great price.

Good to see your dad bought one. I talked to him for a little bit about a month ago about one. I know he was very specific and there weren't but a handful equipped how he wanted within a reasonable distance.

Good to see your dad bought one. I talked to him for a little bit about a month ago about one. I know he was very specific and there weren't but a handful equipped how he wanted within a reasonable distance.

Do you work at coughlin or performance?

I'm with Performance. I just talked to him about them and cars for a little bit. I'm not his salesperson though.

Ah okay! Crown got this one in exactly how he wanted it and his service guy Ty called to say it was in.

With that and the values of the C7's dropping from the flooded market he said it was time to go. He traded in the Stingray and my moms Cherokee Summit for a 2017 Jeep SRT.

thats an awesome looking vett, it would have been hard for me to let go of that, but i agree with your statement. i was at a chevy/caddi dealer today and on the showroom floor all they had was new vetts, 3 zo6s, two of which were convertiable :gtfo:, 1 grand sport and 2 stingrays

when i was on the hunt for a new car, i looked really hard into the 14+ srt jeeps, they are soo badass, they are holding their value pretty damn good. the biggest thing that turned me away from them though was their lack of ability to handle much boost with out strengthening the engine. if i was a person who could just leave shit alone and enjoy the vehicle for what it is, i would probably have one in my driveway right now lol

thats an awesome looking vett, it would have been hard for me to let go of that, but i agree with your statement. i was at a chevy/caddi dealer today and on the showroom floor all they had was new vetts, 3 zo6s, two of which were convertiable :gtfo:, 1 grand sport and 2 stingrays

when i was on the hunt for a new car, i looked really hard into the 14+ srt jeeps, they are soo badass, they are holding their value pretty damn good. the biggest thing that turned me away from them though was their lack of ability to handle much boost with out strengthening the engine. if i was a person who could just leave shit alone and enjoy the vehicle for what it is, i would probably have one in my driveway right now lol

Are they really that bad? Are all the cars with Whipple 2.9's running built motors? I see people claiming 600rwhp with bolt-on kits. There are 1000hp 6.4's running Whipples with built motors.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Are they really that bad? Are all the cars with Whipple 2.9's running built motors? I see people claiming 600rwhp with bolt-on kits. There are 1000hp 6.4's running Whipples with built motors.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

From the info i came across, 6lbs of boost is all you can push and your really pushing the limit at that point, i guess the pistons are the first things to fail, followed by the rods. now my research was on the 6.4l (392) hemi, not the 6.1l. i think the 6.1l and 5.7l were a lot more boost friendly.

from my understanding, 550 to 600whp is about max power you can "safely" push and even then there are several guys who have blown their engines at that power level

Edited by russian rocket