2018 Dodge Durango SRT

Mallard

Turn it off from the regular cruise control? or either you use CC with it or you don't use CC at all?

Our cars have standard cruise and ACC. You can use either one if your car has ACC. Not all companies do that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Who cares if this sells well. Who cares if it gets 8mpg. Who cares if it is LOL auto. This is just bonkers and bonkers is what an automotive industry drowning in beige needs. The only way this could be better is if it was a Caravan and not a durango.

The public needs cars like these. Wanna know why? to remind us that there are still car people are car companies that believe in the old american tradition of shoving as much power into literally anything that can take it. This is a statement on Americanism. the only way this could get more american is if it was eating a big mac while fucking a bald eagle. 'Merica Fuck YEAH!!!!

400+hp all the things, just because they are there. For all the people that whine that the auto industry is too safe, and they took the fun out of cars because of liability blah blah blah...this is your rocket.

I approve this message

donald trump approves this message.

honestly, i'd consider one of these cars. i need seating for 7, and need a car with this power.

donald trump approves this message.

because he's grabbed all the eagle pussy in the District of Columbia already;)

by the way I was not being sarcastic in any way. Big V8 hammers is what the american auto industry does best and we need to get it in before gas spikes up to $5 a gallon again. Also cars like this make others in the line seem more awesome by association and FCA needs to move some durangoes. It's an awesome car and I applaud anybody who buys one (because I want one in the used market).

because he's grabbed all the eagle pussy in the District of Columbia already;)

by the way I was not being sarcastic in any way. Big V8 hammers is what the american auto industry does best and we need to get it in before gas spikes up to $5 a gallon again. Also cars like this make others in the line seem more awesome by association and FCA needs to move some durangoes. It's an awesome car and I applaud anybody who buys one (because I want one in the used market).

I'm waiting to be the 3rd owner of a Hellcat, but the 2nd owner of a Durango ain't bad either.

Actually the Durangos sell pretty well, but are capacity constrained so you don't find as many on dealer lots. They're built in the same plant as the Grand Cherokee, and they build as many of those as possible. Not as many Durango’s come off the line. Which is too bad, because it's probably one of our best cars. It even won a Car and Driver SUV comparison last year, which is a big deal for our cars! Lol

Which is too bad, because it's probably one of our best cars. It even won a Car and Driver SUV comparison last year, which is a big deal for our cars! Lol

I was always impressed with the Dakota pickups and just how tough they really were. I think the first gen trucks didn't let that reputation down any. I still see many first generation durangos on the road and they are fast approaching 20 years old. I loved the R/T 5.9 and the shelby ones when they were new. I was also impressed that dodge saw the direction the "midsize" SUVs were heading and hit the ground running almost a decade before Chevy dumped the S-series for the trailblazer and ford plumped the explorer.

the second gen trucks were kind of a letdown by comparison, mostly for the rust issues that made them look beat up before their time.

I like the new ones. After hitting a soda palette in the road last night the wife is hating lowered "sporty" cars and wants an SUV. The new R/T durango was the second thing I thought of after a subaru XV (because manual). The SRT GC did wonders for the image of the grand cherokee, I'm hoping the same happens here.

I was always impressed with the Dakota pickups and just how tough they really were. I think the first gen trucks didn't let that reputation down any. I still see many first generation durangos on the road and they are fast approaching 20 years old. I loved the R/T 5.9 and the shelby ones when they were new. I was also impressed that dodge saw the direction the "midsize" SUVs were heading and hit the ground running almost a decade before Chevy dumped the S-series for the trailblazer and ford plumped the explorer.

the second gen trucks were kind of a letdown by comparison, mostly for the rust issues that made them look beat up before their time.

I like the new ones. After hitting a soda palette in the road last night the wife is hating lowered "sporty" cars and wants an SUV. The new R/T durango was the second thing I thought of after a subaru XV (because manual). The SRT GC did wonders for the image of the grand cherokee, I'm hoping the same happens here.

The first gen Durango was great, but the second gen was a Daimler-led abomination. It looked like a sad hippopotamus. I actually like that the current gen takes cues from the original. Let's just forget about everything Daimler did.

But it's a Durango...

http://www.imcdb.org/i235446.jpg

The heck is that thing in the bumper

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFgxMDAw/z/MKEAAOSwYIxX4xF-/$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

I actually agree with Geeto on this. Auto enthusiasts bitch for more power, get more power, then bitch anyway. If ya don't like it, don't buy it. It's pretty simple actually. It's good overall for the community of enthusiasts though. Same as the other recent changes in the last 5 or so years to all major auto makers both foreign and domestic.

But why not 500hp.....

Srsly though there is a decent chunk of the population that doesn't bat an eye at 60k for a vehicle. It's just a 700$/mo payment to them and or a write off.

With those stylings, 7 seats and 4 ton towing it allows it to steal away customers who are buying ugly 60k towing vehicles.

Who cares if this sells well. Who cares if it gets 8mpg. Who cares if it is LOL auto. This is just bonkers and bonkers is what an automotive industry drowning in beige needs. The only way this could be better is if it was a Caravan and not a durango.

The public needs cars like these. Wanna know why? to remind us that there are still car people are car companies that believe in the old american tradition of shoving as much power into literally anything that can take it. This is a statement on Americanism. the only way this could get more american is if it was eating a big mac while fucking a bald eagle. 'Merica Fuck YEAH!!!!

400+hp all the things, just because they are there. For all the people that whine that the auto industry is too safe, and they took the fun out of cars because of liability blah blah blah...this is your rocket.

I approve this message

I'm holding out hope on a Cherokee srt but this does have my eye.

No one cares about the 52/48 weight distribution?

not sure how that tracks in an AWD car. in a RWD platform that means slight understeer but you can use the throttle to push the nose around to oversteer but the margin is small. In an AWD car does it mean we are stuck with slight under-steer? or are they putting "drift mode" into it like ford did?

Yes! The original Dakota w/5speed and the 5.9. With an intake and a catback, you could hit 13s all day. I don't see how I ever sat comfortably in those small single cab trucks back in the day. (I'm ignoring my current comparative girth.)

I've been looking into the 2014+ Durango R/Ts and am pretty interested in them.

Such a great size, between the midsized GC, explorer, etc and the expedition, tahoe.

Interior is great, size is great, turning radius is laughably small it was shocking how nimble it was in a parking lot an the Hemi engine moved it out.

Only real downside is gas mileage.

I've been looking into the 2014+ Durango R/Ts and am pretty interested in them.

Such a great size, between the midsized GC, explorer, etc and the expedition, tahoe.

Interior is great, size is great, turning radius is laughably small it was shocking how nimble it was in a parking lot an the Hemi engine moved it out.

Only real downside is gas mileage.

Yeah, the R/T's only come with a HEMI, but there is a model called "Heat" which was changed to "GT" this past year that gets the R/T looks with a V6.

Yeah, the R/T's only come with a HEMI, but there is a model called "Heat" which was changed to "GT" this past year that gets the R/T looks with a V6.

Any insight on them? Years to avoid, suggested options, etc?

Thanks!

Any insight on them? Years to avoid, suggested options, etc?

Thanks!

Stick to a 14+ since it got several improvements, including the 8.4" UConnect and 8 speed trans. Must have options for me would be the 8.4, heated leather seats, and AWD (although MI winters haven't been bad lately). I would prefer if it had Rear Blind Spot Warning with Rear Cross Path Detection and Adaptive Cruise Control would be nice too.

My job doesn't expose me to warranty numbers, so I'm not sure of problems to look out for. I can say that everyone I know that has one is very happy with it and it's probably one of the best vehicles we make. As I said earlier, it won a Car and Driver SUV comparison last year, so I don't think it's a biased opinion.