2018 Dodge Durango SRT

Mallard

For when the Jeep SRT is just a bit too small...

476 HP

470 LB FT

AWD

Adaptive damping

6-piston, 15 Inch Brembo's on front

4-piston, 13.8 inch Brembo's on rear

12.90 in the 1/4 mile

8600 lb towing capacity

26ef54882cbdc4b3e5ed6be9d36a5493.jpg3f62b028fd42224754a0d91a9b115867.jpge1125952c4436dd56e1a3280f9129182.jpg2f79c97f3448b3884551e6ef4e539ae3.jpg26bcee031bface8cd0caa887c6618d35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Dodge is crazy, and I love them, but I don't see this selling well. I imagine it'll have to be 60k+ since an R/T AWD with a few options pushes it over 50k pretty easily. Seems like a buyer in that range would either spend a little more and get a Hellcat (car or Jeep) if it's just a toy, or save a good bit of money and go with an R/T if they really need a 3rd row and are adamant about buying a Dodge. Maybe a Scat Pack type package to get the 6.4 in a base model R/T would do better. Very cool SUV regardless.

if it has a third row, i'm intrigued

Grand Cherokee is 2 row, 5 pass...Durango is 3 row, 6 or 7 pass (middle row can be two captains chairs or bench)

Waiting for that Eco diesel wrangler

Hang in there.

Dodge is crazy, and I love them, but I don't see this selling well. I imagine it'll have to be 60k+ since an R/T AWD with a few options pushes it over 50k pretty easily. Seems like a buyer in that range would either spend a little more and get a Hellcat (car or Jeep) if it's just a toy, or save a good bit of money and go with an R/T if they really need a 3rd row and are adamant about buying a Dodge. Maybe a Scat Pack type package to get the 6.4 in a base model R/T would do better. Very cool SUV regardless.

The Scat Packs are basically the old "SRT Core" model, they aren't base cars with a bigger engine. Not sure when they'll announce prices but a Citadel Anodized Platinum AWD starts at $47,700. You can load it up with another $10k in options, so I would think $55-60k is not out of the question. I was at a Buick/GMC dealer last night and a new Acadia SLT 1 with few options, FWD, V6 was $44k, so I don't think the Durango pricing is unreasonable.

The heck is that thing in the bumper

Probably the ADAPTIVE cruise control that detects something in front of it and slows down... These failed a LOT on toyota due to snow, dirt, etc blocking the view so it always thought something was in front of it.

If the price was not so high I would definitely buy one. I loved having a quick family mobile.

Who cares if this sells well. Who cares if it gets 8mpg. Who cares if it is LOL auto. This is just bonkers and bonkers is what an automotive industry drowning in beige needs. The only way this could be better is if it was a Caravan and not a durango.

The public needs cars like these. Wanna know why? to remind us that there are still car people are car companies that believe in the old american tradition of shoving as much power into literally anything that can take it. This is a statement on Americanism. the only way this could get more american is if it was eating a big mac while fucking a bald eagle. 'Merica Fuck YEAH!!!!

400+hp all the things, just because they are there. For all the people that whine that the auto industry is too safe, and they took the fun out of cars because of liability blah blah blah...this is your rocket.

I approve this message

The heck is that thing in the bumper

Probably the ADAPTIVE cruise control that detects something in front of it and slows down... These failed a LOT on toyota due to snow, dirt, etc blocking the view so it always thought something was in front of it.

If the price was not so high I would definitely buy one. I loved having a quick family mobile.

Yup, it's the radar sensor for Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Collision Mitigation System, etc.

It's a Bosch sensor that you'll also find on the front of Audi and Porsche. It does have a heated lens, so snow and ice should melt off but there are a lot of variables. The sensor can detect when it's blocked and shut the system down, so not sure what Toyota's issue was.

Yup, it's the radar sensor for Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Collision Mitigation System, etc.

It's a Bosch sensor that you'll also find on the front of Audi and Porsche. It does have a heated lens, so snow and ice should melt off but there are a lot of variables. The sensor can detect when it's blocked and shut the system down, so not sure what Toyota's issue was.

That scares the shit out of you when you try to time a person turning right and you don't brake, just trust they will be through the turn by the time you get there. The car stabs the brakes and screams at you. LOL I forget from time to time the system is armed and ready. LOL

That scares the shit out of you when you try to time a person turning right and you don't brake, just trust they will be through the turn by the time you get there. The car stabs the brakes and screams at you. LOL I forget from time to time the system is armed and ready. LOL

That is probably the number 1 "complaint" with this (and our competitors) system. There is a lot of work to tune for this, but there if that car does come to a stop then it may be too late to brake. If you look at the data there is virtually no difference between a stopping and a vehicle slowing down for a turn, up until the time of the warning. I know that's not the best explanation, but we're working on it ~everyday. If you get them a lot and find them annoying you can adjust the sensitivity through the UConnect settings.

That is probably the number 1 "complaint" with this (and our competitors) system. There is a lot of work to tune for this, but there if that car does come to a stop then it may be too late to brake. If you look at the data there is virtually no difference between a stopping and a vehicle slowing down for a turn, up until the time of the warning. I know that's not the best explanation, but we're working on it ~everyday. If you get them a lot and find them annoying you can adjust the sensitivity through the UConnect settings.

Is there a way to get these cars without these systems? or are they heading to being mandated?

I like cruse control, but I also like driving so an adaptive cruse control doesn't seem like a thing that I want. now get off my lawn.

Is there a way to get these cars without these systems? or are they heading to being mandated?

I like cruse control, but I also like driving so an adaptive cruse control doesn't seem like a thing that I want. now get off my lawn.

Seriously, I don't want that gimmicky BS, and not only that but it looks stupid.

I just think of Jeremy Clarkson testing it out on the Mazda CX-5

It's optional, for now. You can always turn it off, even if you do have it. In the near future AEB will be on most/all cars; it's essentially mandated at this point buy almost all OEM's announced fitment ahead of a mandate.

A good ACC system is wonderful to drive with. A crappy one is annoying. Not all are tuned equally.